jigging set up?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 6:58pm
Pole Dancer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Over the next few days I'll post some step by steps of some of the deadliest jigging flies known to modern man...

or good ones at least.... Embarrassed
www.clarkreid.co.nz   FFF Certified Casting Instructor / Umpqua Designer Tier
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mulletguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 2:47pm
mulletguts View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good one Clark ,looking forward to see your weapons of mass destruction.

Darryl I will be there, keep your eye out for a little Ramco Tracker ,that’s me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MR D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 7:54pm
MR D View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Clark Reid Clark Reid wrote:

Over the next few days I'll post some step by steps of some of the deadliest jigging flies known to modern man...

Sounds good clark always keen to learn more
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenshin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 9:16pm
Kenshin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Clark Reid Clark Reid wrote:

Im so eager with anticipation for this!! Cheers Clark!!Clap
Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger. –Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:11pm
Nebuchadnezzar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

C'mon Clark, We'er waiting!Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MR D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:14pm
MR D View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah Unhappy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nebuchadnezzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:46pm
Nebuchadnezzar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

#6 gold body ginger mick
#10 epoxy jack sprat
#10 epoxy grey ghost
Rotoiti and Okataina, you cant miss!
There was a 5.8kg caught on rotoiti the other dayHug
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 8:58pm
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry guys, been flat out tying commercial orders... among other things, least of all fishing though have been out a bit. Will endevor to get some up tomorrow night.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2015 at 9:54pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thought I'd reignite this old post.

I'm off to a bach in Tarawera over Waitangi weekend and thought I'd throw my kayak on the roof and go for a bit of a jig. I've never had much luck flyfishing there In summer.

What sort of depths and locations are usually the go in early Feb?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 11:56am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm heading to Turangi next week for a couple of days and will be targetting 40-50m.
In Tarawera probably start at Themocline (will show on sounder as will smelt schools) and go deeper.

Anyone got a couple of days free next week and want to have a go in Taupo call me - split costs, I have a small tinny  that I will tow down. 021443055

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 12:26pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by BFIST BFIST wrote:

I'm off to a bach in Tarawera over Waitangi weekend and thought I'd throw my kayak on the roof and go for a bit of a jig. I've never had much luck flyfishing there In summer.

There's been a massive algae bloom in Tarawera, I'll try and get some info.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pole Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 12:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by BFIST BFIST wrote:

Spoke to John Hamill, he doesn't believe its an issue at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2015 at 9:24pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Clark and Redfinger

It's been nearly a year since I left Rotorua and I haven't picked up a trout rod since. I'm looking forward to it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2015 at 12:02pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I will be in Turangi prob wed /thur - still have room for another?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 7:40pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Success!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 9:22pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi BFIST

Nice result!  What flies and depths did you catch them on/at?
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 9:41pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

They were right in close, depth was about 20m. It was up the far end of the lake at the end of Spencer road up by the cliffs. I was probably only about 20-30m off the cliff face.

I ended up with 3 fish, 1 on a grey ghost on the top, 1 on the middle ginger Mick and 1 on the black wooly bugger. Suprisingly the big one took the grey ghost but was full of koura when I cut it open.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Micsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:57pm
Micsam View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My go to jigging fly. Catches by far more than any other I've tried. Fish now with all three the same. Only vary it when totally bored then find normally without fail the next fish that breaks the drought is on this. 
Page  <12