Gulf Harbour Tournament November

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yammieski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gulf Harbour Tournament November
    Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 4:43pm
Yammieski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ok guys heres the rub. Thumbs%20UpSmileSmileSmileSmile
Lets show the boaties what we can do, the tournament is run over a Saturday and Sunday November 8th 9th with briefing on the Friday night.
Lets get the PWC Fishing thing, going. We CAN do this tournament, I am the MC for the event so cannot participate as such (that doesnt mean I cannt go Fishin).
It is a great weekend with lots of Great prizes, Accomadation is real close by and entry is reasonable.
Launching and Ski saftey is good as well.
So heres the Challenge Lets do it and show folks what we can do.
If you want help with bookings for accom PM me and Ill see what I can do to help.
Species are Snapper, Kingies, Dory, Tarakihi, Kahawai, Average weight across the board and average weight for the tournament wins the Major prize which is noramally a trip for two by Manly United Travel to Sonasiali Island Fiji Resort, flying Air Pacific plus many more prizes, lucky draws etc.
Lets Do it. Clap Plan it now and put it in your diary, get the brownie points up early, lets have some good old fashion fun.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 6:18pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Is there going to be a ramp to launch from? Angry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 9:19pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Carbine Carbine wrote:

Is there going to be a ramp to launch from? Angry

Yeah mate thier mowing the grass around it as we speak...should be up and running as soon as the council find $30k to reinstate it
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 9:22pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dead better be up in the next month or so otherwise im living at gulf harbour for no reason
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yammieski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 8:28am
Yammieski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I am Informed by the Local ingenious Council (read in here the F n Greenie) that they are not going to replace the pontoon's, they are looking at a break water, but and I quote "that will take a while as it will disrupt the sea bed and we will have to apply through the RMA as well as local IWI."unquote. So folk there we have it, some of us voted them into this position. Maybe they are scared of killing off the fluffy tailed red streaked crab that frequents the gulf and is in danger of distinction. Ha Just like the Hectors Dolphins are in Army BAy & Orewa, as well as the snails on Penlink.
But Carbine Yes there will be a ramp but just not any Pontoon. Mayber we should all write to the Deputy Mayor John Kirikiri, who promised to upgrade Gulf Harbour ramp but then renegged as they are going to sell off the Hammer Head anyway.
Word for the day is Self employed Wan***s and over paid at that.
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 12:05pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In other words - The Gulf Harbour ramp will go back to just that - A ramp. They won't put a breakwater in there! Not until one of the councilors buys a boat and wants to launch there regularly anyway. Only positive I guess, is you'll be able to launch 3 boats at once again.

Councils - Facken useless. ALL of them!
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 12:19pm
Tomsta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

OK, But will the poles that held the pontoon still be there to play dodgem bashem smashem  with? Confused
Don't Moan about it, Just Do it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Legend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 4:22pm
Blue Legend View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Tomsta Tomsta wrote:

OK, But will the poles that held the pontoon still be there to play dodgem bashem smashem  with? Confused

My thoughts exactly, so only 2 boats at a time will be able to launch and retrieve. Best option is drive off trailer, call GH marina and ask to pick your crew up inside the marina, this way there is no chnace of the boat being smashed into the poles or onto the ramp. They are always obliging and don't mind if you call and ask. Same for retrieval and just drive back on the trailer.......ezy peezy lemon squeezyBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 10:54pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Guys if you are going to launch dont come back in on the ramp go into the marina and drop your mate off or pick him up on the Z pier where the ferry goes then get him to line the trailer up and drive that sucka on there Big%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Damo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 7:03pm
Damo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dereck...my 2 cents re: the GH comp

The ticket price has gone up, the prizes are rubbish other than a trip and a few or was it one BBQ and an outboard from our mate. The GH Yacht Club are a bunch of narrow minded old gits who seek exclusivity(sp) for a small bunch of yachties and care not for sportfishing nor its attendees.

When approached some time back by a committee consisting of the vice commodore of the club, a former commodore of the club and a couple of boaties/fishers with the idea of having a sportfishing club on the premises 1 night a week and one day a month, the brick wall went up. It went up so far that minutes from the meetings were changed! the club breached its own constitution! and the commodore at the time wrote telling the committtee the clubs stance unbeknown to other members. Sadly though, the club only ever makes any considerable money when it runs this fishing contest but still a negativity from them. I know many of the original and founding members that designed the club, built the building, attended working bees and kept the place running with pro gratis bar chores etc. Sadly too, these bewildered members have now moved on leaving just a clicky few and possibly the books in the red until after the comp in november.

You may find the Neptunes Sport Fishing Club at Gulf Harbour will be able to offer a much friendlier enviroment and possibly a contest on the same dates. I'll keep ya posted

www.charterconnection.co.nz
Facebook: Diversity-Fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fshboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 4:37pm
Fshboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sounds good to me Damo! I'll support the sportfishing side of things any day. Pity about the pontoon / ramp saga. If only it had been done correctly in the first place we wouldn't constantly be having these problems. The pontoon helps those of us that launch single handedly, now, due to the rocks either side of the ramp, I won't be able to do that either.  As you can't beach the boat to park the trailer up, or to go and get it. Just wish they had looked at ponttons that are utilised overseas, as there are some great 'all weather' designs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Damo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 6:14pm
Damo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Too true! a simply breakwater when building the marina would have done it...you never know though what might be happening. Our bleating may have been heard so a little bird tells me...I'll keep ya posted if i hear any more

www.charterconnection.co.nz
Facebook: Diversity-Fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fshboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 10:54am
Fshboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sounds promising! Cheers mate. By the way, when is the next sportfishing club meeting at Neptunes?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishinrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 5:51pm
fishinrox View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hug who needs a ramp when Arkles Bay is there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 7:50pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

time to un-announce this thread?