Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 193194195
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 9:25am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

With modern boats, well powered in most cases is the max rated hp..
 Go for that..anything under is compromises you wish you had not made after you go for a ride in one that is max rated.. not just towing but chop, flat whatever..

I tend to agree Steps. Of course it depends on a persons budget but definitely be leaning on the max side of the fence.

Its a bit like motobikes, or more to the point mopeds, the f'n 50cc pieces of crap are fast enough to get people in trouble but not out of it, vs my Triumph Street Triple does 0-100 in less than 3 sec and has enough torque in that situation to avoid being hit on, not that Id get in that situation.

Swell is always a concern. Along with if you max person the boat but not the engine you are limited to fine days.

An example of what Steps is saying, I had a 15ft RIB boat for diving. I had it maxed at 40hp 3cyl, which if you know anything about these yamaha engines they displace more torque, I also had the prop changed for hole shot, so with max people on board my engine and prop had me on insta plane every time. Yeah it affected top end speed, the thing did about 65kph, but anything above 50 starts to get squirelly so I always cruised at 50kph across the top of chop. I do miss that boat, but if I get another rib Im going something with massive deadrise like a Gemini Waverider.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:04am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im talking HP not torque..
Reserve hp is what gets one thru that next wave, not torque.
 HP is what moves a given weight at a given speed , over coming resistance to do so.

Torque is just what gets upto speed, acceleration.. which when it comes to general use boats is not great consideration.

Considering we spend most of our time cruising , trolling ....
And if well powered.. rem there is a relationship between the torque and power curves...then the torque is basically taken care of. The differences between makes models in torque when it comes to general use boats is far too insignificant.

Reproping for hole shot is just a matter of setting the pitch so get max rpms in the recommended manufactures.. range.. for a given load on the boat...and increasing slip
 Its like putting a higher torque converter behind an old school turbo350 behind a chevy V8, with a high stall converter (the slip) and putting higher (numbers) diff ratio in (pitch)
Down side is get crap economy at cruise (driving with a slipping clutch) and engine turns over faster displacing more engine volume(fuel mixture) per distance.
Then if remove weight/ person, the engine is now under proped thru the rpm range.. not just WoT
 Put another person in the WoT rpms drop down in the rpm range.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Damo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 8:01pm
Damo79 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys I thought I would give a quick update all though a little late. I got my F16 fisher in December and after getting it fitted up with the Mercury 80 hp four stroke and a 6 hp aux I am very impressed. We spent a few days over Xmas water skiing 4 adults and 2 little kids in the boat where cruising at about 50 kph and wot was doing a little over 60 kph it pulls skiers with ease and the biscuit no problem at all. I put the Simrad go 9 in it dash mounted Frewza made my dash slightly bigger so it would fit and I am pleased I did the 9 is awesome. I just need to get some good weather to get out and use it a little sad owning it for 5 months and only having 11 hrs on the motor. One thing I have noticed is when I am in it with only 1 other person is that when you trim it up it starts to bounce side to side a little I am thinking this is because of the all weight at the back I also am fair moving doing round 70 kph has anyone got any thoughts do I put some more weight up front? Cheers and thanks for all the info I have been given prior to ordering the boat.
Damo

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 5:27am
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 12:43pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was just reading this post as I am looknig into Frewza boats.  id say the hulls arnt really rated for going much faster, 70kph is basically 38knots which is fair flying for a fishing boat. - any imbalance in weight will show up.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 2:33pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It is not about how fast the thing will go or rate to do so.. the missus little shopping basket car , or the farmers tractor or bulldozer are not rated to go at it top speed effectively...
 it is an unfortunate resualt of having enough reserve power at lower cruise rpms to get the a big wave on a bar, when chops up and stuff like that.
Ask a farmer how fast his tractor goes or his bulldozer he will srug look at you funny and say  "it has enough power to pull the plough with out slowing when hit a hard patch of dirt..."

General rule of thumb is a well powered boat hull in the just under 5m to just over 6m will have a top speed around the 42mph.. min about 40, over powered 48/49 plus @ normal weight loading
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sposman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 5:01pm
sposman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have had the F16 and now the F18, they are not ski boats, crossing bars and handling rough is where they excell, very stable fishing platforms, high quality welding and strongly built, all boats have good and bad points
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 5:45pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Interested to ask. Has anyone spent time in the 21 22 or 25 foot Frewzas. I do a lot of off shore work in my surtees and looking to upgrade in size.   Concerns about pounding and lack of space but since.ive never been on one....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 4:23pm
SufixRockMan View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Quick question - old mate at Stabicraft include the bowsprit in there LOA measurement. Do Frewza do the same?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2020 at 11:45am
Nomis View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Guys My F16 fisher is for sale. Heaps of fruit so please watch the video.
I forget to mention the wash down pump, but pretty much everything else is talked about.

Plan is to $1 reserve but ball park is over 40k - Suit new boat buyer 
Comes with Simrad EVO3 9" and 3 in one transducer 
Engine hours 374
Built new in November 2016.
On new trailer 

Replacement value from factory is over 55k

Cheers 

I'll act my age when im 69
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:04pm
Jug View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Is the boat sold? Contact me if not.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:54am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey mate my bro has a f16 center console for sale.
Message me 02108256334 and will ask him to send u pictures.

We took it outside manukau bar last Thursday been to channel island etc.
Good boat for the size.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:13pm
Jug View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

After a fisher rather than a centre console. Anyone had a Minn Kota put on F16. If so what size needed and any advice?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:01am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey all,

I've just received my new F14 beach launch & I am trying to join the owners group to get some intel on upgrades etc - can anyone here tell me who the admin is so I can join?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1370022653091981

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:35am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As far as I know, you need to do a ‘join group’ and a mod will approve it. That is how I joined.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:39am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by NZFisher NZFisher wrote:

Hey all,

I've just received my new F14 beach launch & I am trying to join the owners group to get some intel on upgrades etc - can anyone here tell me who the admin is so I can join?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1370022653091981

Hi Derrick
Mark Cadwallader is the admin on the Frewza page.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:41pm
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks guys,

Not sure what I've done but Mark seems unwilling to admit me to the group! Not a welcoming community leader obviously Ouch

I've picked up a high sided dingy and I'm looking for fitout ideas - especially around the transducer and sounder set-up to make (at least the sounder) easily removable.
Anyone got any smart set-ups they want to share?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeyBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:50pm
MikeyBird View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Look on the Railblaza website. I’m sure they will have an option for you. Shame about the FB page. I’m a member of Frewza Boats Community and the Owners group.

You will find some really good info in this thread though.
When you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MikeyBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:24am
MikeyBird View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Received my F14 Fisher last week. Really stoked. Ordered in November. Thanks to the team at Frews Marine. 

When you are in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.
Page  <1 193194195