Whos the next victim

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:05am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry inbox cleared now Smudge
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 6:25pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Of course it's changed and for the better too. Cynical some of you may be but there are some pretty good fishermen here. Plenty of other places you can go if you don't like it. If it wasn't good in the first place it wouldn't have grown so much.

Anyhow, same old boring stuff with the same old boring bitter posters, how about some suggestions for an interview!

...i used to really enjoy reading posts from ,dirty oar,keen as,damo,bill G,carbine and of course the great one liners squid used to post.. but those days are behind us now
?????????
Sven seems to have dissapeared, Drew last posted 2 weeks ago, Damo still posts quite regularly when not too busy, not sure who Bill G is, Carbine still posts regularly (although not sure how many posts have any fishing info), and yes we all miss PDS's one liners, although I see he has started to pop back up on these forums with a name change recently.
The place is much bigger and less 'intimate' than it may once have felt, but unless new 'members' were barred from joining, it was always going to need to evolve. Personally, there are a couple of the 'old school' who I miss from these forums, but there are a whole bunch of 'new' people whose posts and company I have enjoyed. Things are a bit different, but there are plenty of pros to go with the cons.

Sven hasnt dissapererd he just doesnt post any more...may be ask him why and you will find the reason why he doesnt, thiers a few others that "just cant be bothered with the same old crap" .the others mentioned certainly dont post like they used to.....go back 2 years in the fishing reports take a good look at the posts then tell me this place has changed for the better... ...bla bla bla bla bla now i cant be bothered LOL..............dont bother replying to this as i cant be assed replying to your reply defending the new and improved fishing .net....but please go back and have a look at the good old days
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 7:09pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

I nominate Tzer - met him when we went to Waihau Bay last year. Good bloke, lots of his ideas in his new (then) Surtees, good fisho.

The only flaw in his character is that he lives somewhere south of the Bombay Hills so therefore it doesn't exist.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:13pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Yeah smudge, I'll second that.
Tzer would be a good candidate despite his acquaintancesLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:34pm
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ginga is also a class fisherman,but he is australian on the upside he is not from Auckland.

I know this is a niche thread and that maybe how you would like to keep it Smudge,but maybe somewhere more public may revitalise it?
as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:56pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Have had the same thoughts too Falco, it certainly has it's hard core fans the old Smudge Report none moreso than good old. There is some truly funny stuff here. Nothing terribly insightful but you got to hand it to Bushie there's some great fishing.net moments. I agree Tzer is indeed a top bloke and will keep him in mind for the future but I have just selected my next one already.

As for you of2fish I bear you no malice at all but your negativity isn't welcome in this thread.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:17pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

Yeah smudge, I'll second that.
Tzer would be a good candidate despite his acquaintancesLOL

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy at all. After all he managed a couple of knockdowns and landed a shortbill spearfish while we may as well have been trolling lures through the sahara behind a series 1 landrover.

Bloody showoff Wink

Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:18pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bender Bender wrote:

while we may as well have been trolling lures through the sahara behind a series 1 landrover.
I believe that I saw the photos of that LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 11:01pm
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Not so Dave they were skillfully deployed lures to catch the rare and ferocious Bush Mountain Marlin.

The Sahara ones require 130 reels and line as they grow to 600kg.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 8:51am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good stuff chaps, will look forward to it and  the ' Translation'   Approve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 2:25pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Righty Ho's........

Smudge who is the next ' Volunteer' ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote family affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 4:09pm
family affair View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yea havnt seen a new victim for a every long time. very very long time
mv maui
Page  <1 345