What I Bought Today

Page  <1 391392393
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 6:55am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

After a bit of adjusting.I think I have it right now.Cant quite lift up as per other trailer so maybe forward a tad . Sits nicely on all rollers and took for a tow around block and seems ok,Tracked well in reverse.  The old trailer grew some Bs and towed quietly to scrap yard.Hate to see someone reserect it as a arm fell off on way down.Did I stop ??Did I ****
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 6:24pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

I've been trialling JOF 8 strand braid. So far so good. My only observation is that it's very thin, even thinner than Shimano Kairiki. A good thing, but next time, I'll order the next breaking strain up as a little insurance.
Gave the boy 50m of 30lb JOF 4 strand braid to test at the uni. interesting breaks constantly at 32.5lb. Using the uni tensil tester
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:00pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting. I ordered some 12 strand as well. Even thinner! Haven't used it yet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2023 at 5:54am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MB MB wrote:

Interesting. I ordered some 12 strand as well. Even thinner! Haven't used it yet.
My roll that was ordered back Jan/Feb never arrived so asked for refund and reordered and paid $2 extra on frieght,arrived within a week, back in May. Haha the first roll arrived yesterday, know idea where it went to.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2023 at 4:37pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I hope they aren't Slams! Big smile
Pleased to say they found there way to Takanini transfer station along with some zman.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Griff the dog. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 7:35pm
Griff the dog. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If you get snagged in a boat drive  up current .
It will often pull out .

What I bought.
Have been looking for a surf caster that will take an overhead reel
Use an okuma mad dog not too impressed too stiff and at 14.6 too long.
Went into land and sea the dude suggested a Okuma soul md .
Adjustable reel seat and can take a over head reel only $300 peso's
Will come back after the weekend to tell you all how it casts and feels.
Next issue is what reel? I can get a Penn 5500 long cast for 250.
Dont need a bigger reel if i go braid .    

He who dies with most toys wins.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 8:33pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Griff the dog. Griff the dog. wrote:

If you get snagged in a boat drive  up current .
It will often pull out .

What I bought.
Have been looking for a surf caster that will take an overhead reel
Use an okuma mad dog not too impressed too stiff and at 14.6 too long.
Went into land and sea the dude suggested a Okuma soul md .
Adjustable reel seat and can take a over head reel only $300 peso's
Will come back after the weekend to tell you all how it casts and feels.
Next issue is what reel? I can get a Penn 5500[COLOR=#191919" face=" Sans, Roboto, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, SimSun]<span style="font-size: 15px;] </span>[/COLOR]long cast for 250.
Dont need a bigger reel if i go braid .    

He who dies with most toys wins.  
You need one of these mate, this second hand ones a good price or check out marine deals

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/sports/fishing/salt-water/boat-reels/listing/4529911362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 8:32am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JOF chineese braid. 30lb. Yes out last friday did a cast and it went over the top of the mussel farm backbone,now what to do??Thought could untie and retrieve or just give it ****,which I did,and no braid didnt break but straightened out the jig head hook.impressed about the braid, OA lightbulb head.
Page  <1 391392393