Naki report

Page  <1 178179180
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 4:05pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Lots of good snapper off the port now

cheers 

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 8:56pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good snapper everywhere beyond the port.     Had a cracker Sunday with a bunch of big ones between 5.5 and 3.5kg plus 2 gurnard.     The fish went crazy scoffing my three-year-old mushy tuna berley and bait.     None has spawned and so were in top condition.      Water was a bit lumpy with 2.5m swell and wind against current.    Quite surprisingly Brent and I were the only kayaks out there while one or two were fishing inside the port.     Welcome change from winter trout fishing and much better eating too.

Cheers
Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 9:27pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great fishing Rainbow.
Starting to go pretty good off my local too, but been away overseas so haven’t been out myself last few weeks. Came back Sunday from Queensland to see my brother (lives at other end of beach.. and a newbie kayak fisho) filleting 5 nice fish he caught out of  his yak Sunday morning literally 200 meters from shore.  Gave few fillets to my parents who don’t go fishing anymore but still love fresh fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 2:54pm
shad View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great catch Herb ,did you have any secret sauce in your Bait �£
LOVE THE FREEDOM

SHAD
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 6:08pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Super eating size and condition!!

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 5:25pm
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Naki, boys & girls, please share this info amongst you all:Tongue

Hi all, EBOP Kayak FC has its 2023 comp on 22nd April. HQ is again the Ohope Charter Club. Boundaries from Katikati to Waihau Bay, briefing Friday 7 p.m Ohope Charter Club. Main prizes include a main spot prize choice of either a new fitted out Reload. Heaps of other prizes for main categories of fish ++, i.e, $700 accommodation voucher for average weight snapper for an entrant outside the EBOP. See entry form and rules on Face book page EBOP KFC under Events or go to: 

https://form.jotform.com/220401346681852

NB, it is not mandatory to be at the briefing Friday p.m but please register and identify your fishing grounds by e mail [email protected] or text Jeff on 0212286051.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 9:54am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Lots of good snapper off the port in shallow water     My last three trips scored limit bags so get out before the spikeys take over.

Cheers

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 8:11pm
shad View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Iooked great out there from the Salt mines ,always happens when we have time off ,the weather 😮‍💨

LOVE THE FREEDOM

SHAD
Page  <1 178179180