Big T report

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote upstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big T report
    Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 12:29pm
upstream View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Fished Big T Saturday and Sunday. Very poor results to say the least. I nearly got skunked on Saturday, but a 4lb jack from the Major Jones while everyone else was watching the rugby saved the day. I was the only sole on the Jones!

Best fishing was early morning until 9am and late evening, river clear. A good few fresh fish coming out but not for meCry.

Our group had most success below the road bridge. There seemed to be a fresh run down there with the rain and low pressure on Sunday.

Best advice given these conditions? Don't sleep in!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwitroutbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 1:40pm
kiwitroutbum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The very first words spoken to me were"you should have been here last week!"
The last words were " are you sure you have to go? This low pressure system is really going to bring them on!"
CryCryCry
Slow for me at the Delta. Great fishing but the catching was Cry
Thank goodness its a place where I can gas bag and admire shooting heads launched into the distance!LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 9:19pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how is the boulder fishing, im heading down in 3 weeks hopefully the river will be full of them, what are the flys doing the damage, i always love the major jones a very good holding pool.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote upstream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2006 at 9:43pm
upstream View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The Boulder Reach seems to be one of the most profitable spots at the moment. White or green caddis is the go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2006 at 9:23am
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

are the trout fill of roe, how are glow bugs fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mike555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2006 at 9:27am
mike555 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The Waddels pool is good, I did ok there on Sunday, I have being using two glow bugs, one with a bit of lead on top of it, works well for me, The champagne colour or the super dark orange seemed to work.