Rotorua

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bbavs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotorua
    Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:16pm
Bbavs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Semi beginner looking for a few spots in Rotorua, finding it hard to crack them.. any advice would be much appreciated..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:44pm
Mossy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi - any particular style of fishing. Ie fly, spin, boat?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bbavs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:25am
Bbavs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Oops sorry fly fishing !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 7:24pm
Mossy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bugger, I'm not much of a fly fisher so can't give too much advice sorry. Given your other post re the Ngongi, you're probably more into rivers and streams, which I'm not very familiar with. But if you want to try any lakes, this time of year the shoreline fishing should be starting to heat up at Tarawera (The Landing through to the fish trap), Okataina (main beach after dark) and the main beach by the boat ramp at the Blue Lake can be good, particularly on a rainy night... There's a very informative book called the Rotorua Trout Fishing Guide, published by the Rot Anglers Club that has a ton of good info, and which I'd recommend you get a copy of if you'll be a fixture in the area. It'll be available in most of the local tackle stores I would think. Good luck.