Autumn Days in the Bay II

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autumn Days in the Bay II
    Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:04pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So After a bit of fun yesterday with a few nice snaps and fine weather, decided that would go and have a crack again.
Decided to skip the kingys, as only had hlf day up sleeve. Loaded up on jm's quickly and headed of to another part of the B.O.I from yesterday.
Dropped the pick in 14m of water then looked over the side and noticed that I could see the bottom. Looked back at sounder and yep, still 14m! Wasn't crystal clear by any means but could easily make out foul edge onto sand.
Got burley pumping and very quickly had a nice little school of blue koheru swimming in it, to which I managed to snag a few before they got spooky.
Snaps very cagey on the bite and despite a few seriously crushed baits, failed to hook any decent contenders.
Gave burley pot a good shake, and water came alive with kohe's boiling on the surface at the pot and showing no fear. So did what any sane fisherfolk would do and starting scooping them out with the landing net as fast as I could.
Then they scattered. Sure enough two little kings come thru.
Not wanting them to ruin my bait gathering efforts, I did the only thing possible, and grabbed a still flapping kohe, and deposited it back over the side. And shortly after had a little 9kg king in the bin.
Then the kohes come back with a vengeance 10 min later, and was getting 3-4 a scoop with one well timed/lucky scoop getting me 14 of these little gems.
Called it a day at 1pm and headed home
End result was 3 modest pannies, 1 little king and several dozen of the very best baits that I could wish for!

And the weatherman can go back to school, cause it was not 10kn when we came home. Lucky I got those kohe's or I would have complained!!!!