Amf 580 or 610 length on trailer measurements

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amf 580 or 610 length on trailer measurements
    Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:57pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can anyone help please with lengths for amf 580 or 610 on trailer with the outboard down? Im doing some garage planning and want to make sure its big enough (im hoping to get an amf at some point). current thinking is a 7m deep garage...my back up plan a folding drawbar if the standard length doesnt fit...Not sure I'll be able to squeeze an 8m deep one on the section..,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:35pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

May not be seem a serious reply; but I have seen a sectional door with an eight inch wide bit cut out of the bottom panel in the middle so the draw-bar stuck through the garage door (he had a metal plate that he clipped into the bottom of it when it was down to keep some torsional strength). 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ofthesea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:07pm
ofthesea View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm pretty sure my Bluefin 5.8m is 7.8m from the tow coupling so good luck with 7m. Presume you mean straight in not able to angle the boat.
I can say I had a 6m garage built for a 4.5m Ramco without doing the math and ended up with about 50 mm spare
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 9:08pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I built a pop out section out back of garage for outboard to sit in, worked well and did not look out of place
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:42am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks guys. pop outs etc may have to be in the mix potentialy...ideally it'd be good to not have to use one though. if the length of boat on trailer ends up being say 7.5-8m do you think it'd be possible to get a trailer with a folding drawbar so I could fold it round and squeeze it in?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mason43324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:00am
Mason43324 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Davo

I have a  06 AMF 580 prosport, I did store it in my garage at work and I think you would squeeze it in 7m on the standard Voyager A18 trailer with the motor trimmed down. I'll double check later today, its currently in a 10m x 4m shed and theres a heap of spare room, so I'll run the tape over it. Height wise if you can give yourself a 3m high door you'll be able to keep the targa top up, instead of unbolting it each time,  which isn't a major, just nice to not have to do at 3am on a cold winters morning
Cheers
Mason
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 11:27am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mason that would be awesome thanks! Im definitely planning on a 3m door for exactly that reason
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:13pm
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have an Enduro trailer with folding drawbar under my 605 Buccaneer. The folding drawbar saves me about 600mm in length
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 10:47pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

Can anyone help please with lengths for amf 580 or 610 on trailer with the outboard down? Im doing some garage planning and want to make sure its big enough (im hoping to get an amf at some point). current thinking is a 7m deep garage...my back up plan a folding drawbar if the standard length doesnt fit...Not sure I'll be able to squeeze an 8m deep one on the section..,

what does the manufacturer - AMF i mean - have to say about measurements?
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:18am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks for the info on the folding drawbar 👍 Ive yet to call AMF - given I may not be buying a new boat I didnt want to bother them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:35am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

6.1 surtees is 7.5m OA so AMF would be similar

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:41am
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

thanks for the info on the folding drawbar 👍 Ive yet to call AMF - given I may not be buying a new boat I didnt want to bother them.

unlikely they would mind a prospective inquiry.

given their scarcity on the second hand market - and the tendency for AMFs to hold their value well, it might make sense to buy new... 
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mason43324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:50am
Mason43324 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Davo
Good thing I measured..... for a 580 Prosport you'll need 7.4m of internal length. Thats from front of the coupling to the trim plate with the engine (yamaha F115 2012 model)  trimmed down and resting the skeg on a 50mm x 200mm plank. You may have 50-100mm to play with with motor trimmed  right in.
Height wise you'll want 2.9m to clear the factory rod holders on the targa, I have the boat with the jockey wheel wound up high to drain out any water after wash down and so that I can just back in , hook on and go. So with the jockey wheel down it may be  slightly less if any.

On another note I may be going to a larger boat later this year. Yet to find one though, if I do I will get in touch. It will be a bloody hard decision.
Cheers
Mason
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:55am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Mason and others. Looks like the garage might need to be deeper than 7m...yikes! Mason please do let me know if you're thinking bout selling. cheers