Surrounded by sharks on the jetski!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surrounded by sharks on the jetski!
    Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 6:54pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

There are some unreal amounts of Bronzies on the reefs at the moment... it can make catching Kingfish near impossible!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:55am
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I enjoyed that. Should have done a shark feed, or a least a tease. That would have upped your viewing figures 😉
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 9:38am
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Haha yeah the problem was I never got anything back once they turned up, I was expecting to pull up a kingfish head but they kept taking the whole fish every time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Great video Coxie
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:29pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Smudge! it's the first time I've had a problem with bronzies out there... normally it's blues or makos
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:55pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We where out the same day, caught my 1st shark out there..
about a little 10" schoolie.

Everyone keeps telling me about the sharks .. and don't burley..  no sharks..Wink

Other thing been told to anchor up...watch your videos... so what is the difference between drifting a ski or drifting a boat out west?
 We filled the bin.. limit ...on the drift.

Yep another good clip Coxie...badly edited thu
Nothing to take bearings off to locate your new.. or any reefs Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:08pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I’ve also heard that lures don’t work on the west coast 🙂
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:00pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

Thanks Smudge! it's the first time I've had a problem with bronzies out there... normally it's blues or makos

Yeah it's crazy eh. I don't catch many bronzies off the coast. A few in close and they like to hang out by reefs so I guess thats it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:04pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

I’ve also heard that lures don’t work on the west coast 🙂

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that. Then I would have enough money for a couple of boxes of Lion Brown  Big smile  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 9:44am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Being new to west coast.. being trying diff lures, flasher, even soft baits on the ledger rig...thu still baited
I dont believe have yet caught a fish with above with no bait on...
Put one hook down with lure/ flasher etc other just bait.. bait hit each time.

Even so it maybe lures flasher could be attracting the attention to the general area of the line ???

Jury is still out on this..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 6:15am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool vid....enjoyed that dood.Wink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.