Connecting knot

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 12:31pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I have tied a lot of knots and tested them on a line tester. I have seen many knots tied by others and tested too. What surprised me was the inconsistency across the board. 90% knot strength? If you can consistently tie a knot within20% of each knot you're doing well.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 6:55pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Totally agree.
I set up my old myford machine lathe to test my knots.. and figure out why some are strong others not as...
It was thru this that I 'discovered' about making sure every turn, hitch in braid needs to be done each time.
By watching a knot dig into its turns one gets to understand why different knots are better for different mediums and line diameters.
 The biggest fail was where.. be it due to the type of knot, medium diameters or simply tied untidy, the loaded strand(s) crossed inside the knot itself

Page  <12