Anyone here ????????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone here ????????
    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:15am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:54am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Apparently it was caught using sewing cotton wound on a wooden spool & a bent pin as a hook ... must be true as we all know we fishers never exaggerate let alone tell fibs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fraser Hocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 12:45pm
Fraser Hocks View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm not surprised really.  There are some true monsters in those canals.  Was only a matter of time before the current world record was broken.  

Hope they submitted the right paperwork etc.. to ensure it can be recorded legitimately. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 9:29pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I am still trying to talk myself into doing the trip.     Was almost ready and armed with canal gear when the earthquake buggered the coast road.     Since then I have been dithering between going or not.    However every report of another mega trout gets me keen again and the mental torture continues.    Can I really justify the cost and the  long drive just to catch a few big fish?   
Rainbow 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:02am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Hmnn ...... rather unusual the angler has not wanted to be identified or have his catch which more than likely would be a world record officially verified.

Tends to raise doubts as to the authenticity of the claim unless there was a very good reason for laying low such as should have been working & they don't want their boss aware they were fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:24am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Have still not noticed any follow on, declaration or verification to this event which makes one wonder if it was for real or not.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 3:54pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pics or it didn't happen Bazza.... tend to think anyone would blow their horn over this, so I call BS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 5:06pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

There was a 24lb fish caught about the same time & the thought is someone got lb's mixed up with kg's.
Could well be the answer...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 5:09pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

There was a 24lb fish caught about the same time & the thought is someone got lb's mixed up with kg's.
Could well be the answer...
mistake at best but probably scuttlebutt
Best gurnard fisherman in my street