Elite Ti 7, Garmin echomap 75 or simrad7 xsr

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elite Ti 7, Garmin echomap 75 or simrad7 xsr
    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 7:09pm
Barrelli View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys I’m after a little advise on chart plotter/fish finder.
She who must be obeyed has given me the green light to get a new unit. All of the units are in a similar price point, I don’t fish deep areas maybe 100m max. I like touchscreen as I find them easier to use however my boat is an open cuddly cabin
Any advise of the above units would be greatly appreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:12pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have the slightly older model (bought late last year) non touchscreen Garmin 75 sv mounted on my open little runabout. I love it - particularly amazingly clear side vu for soft baiting trips in the shallows. Learning to use that has been a revelation in assessing the bottom structure.
One of the main decisions for me versus a couple of other brands was the height when mounted - it doesn't poke over the top of my windscreen. I think the Garmin mount is more solid than the Lowrance single mount (they only go to the width wide mount from 9" and upwards).
Also, one person I spoke to reckoned the Lowrance has less effective waterproofing around the place where the memory card goes, which they thought was a factor I should take into account in an open top boat. 
I found the Garmin buttons and menu the easiest to navigate around the screens, in store, but that's quite a personal thing.
I doubt you'd be disappointed with any of those three.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:36pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Had a play with the garmin 95sv and lowrance elite ti9 today.Defintatly the Garmin for me was so much nicer to use with no menu's hidden behind menu's.The Lowrance had quite a lagg which you had to wait for.Go instore and try both,theres quite a differance.No experiance with either on the water as still not sure which Garmin too go with.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 2 Meke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:01am
2 Meke View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I run a garmin and a simrad. I use the simrad for gps and garmin for fishfinder. I prefer the GPS on the simrad as it has a user friendly interface and allows quick auto routing etc. We also use Simrad on the coastguard vessels that I crew as well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 9:28am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have also just been given the green light..
 under 1K..
Curent is a elite 5 as dedicated sounder, an old huminbird 7" for general gps  and a 8" pad with navionics for detail gps..

As TTK comments above, Im interested in the side vu  side scan modes  'upgrade'

I have messed with the garmin  lowrance in shop.. demo mode, thu do remain a little suspicious on that the elite 5 demo and actual is significantly different.

I was told that when buying garmin you choose the transducer and this varies the price greatly.
 The lowrance you get the transducer that comes with it that matches all the functions.
 Also Lowrance comes with basic Cmap card.. which to be frank is crap, and the good navionics bathymetric card another 300/$400

Never used anything other than lowrance (and the very old huminbird )sounders.
 At this point Im heading for the lowrance elite Ti  7".

Further comments experience would be appreciated.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 4:27pm
Barrelli View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah I like the simrad interface, my old boat had a evo nss and found it quick and user friendly. At this stage the simrad and Garmin are the front runners. I thought the lowrance was slow to redraw the map when navigating with the touchscreen and didn’t look as crisp( image quality) ,but that could be the simulated mode in the shop
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 8:08am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I thought the lowrance was slow to redraw the map when navigating with the touchscreen and didn’t look as crisp( image quality) ,but that could be the simulated mode in the shop.

My current elite 5 redraws gps ok.. have to watch the tablet thu  3 or 4 seconds.