Snapper Rod?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snapper Rod?
    Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 9:49pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Penn Prevail                   9’        8 - 12kg
Penn Allegiance II           9’        8 - 12kg
Daiwa Saltist SJ/ BW.     9’6”.     PE 2 - 5

Ding ding and go

It’s nice NZ has rods between 7 and 10ft nowadays
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goobernator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:45am
Goobernator View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah plenty more out there too. If I had to choose one out of those three I would go with the daiwa. It can handle most fish. Can even stick bait with it. The allegiance would make a nice light stickbait rod. I ended up with all 3 rods. The allegiance gets used as a bait catching rod or my young boy uses it. Thr prevail is only 8ft, so a little short for my purposes, and a bit stiff at the tip.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 7:28pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks Goob. Haha you have all of them, classic.
The Ozzie’s have the 9’ Prevail. Looks like NZ only have the 8’. How do you rate the Allegiance?

Any others to add to the list? Think I need to go have a swing on em’ to gauge a better idea,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 8:05am
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what reel is going on it fish I?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 11:14pm
Dialler View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Light stick bait rods can be good for snapper
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goobernator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 9:20am
Goobernator View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I really like the allegiance. Makes a really good say up to 10kg rod. Handles the big kahawai. Has a nice soft tip. Would say casting for distance a whole unweighted pillie it would be maxed out. Dont know what the 10ft allegiance is like.
The daiwa is more like the usual 10-15kg+ rod. You can start skulldragging things out.
Okuma xfactor 8ft6, and 10ft. Wigglyer tip on the 8ft,6. Big fat grips.
Okuma tournament concept 10ft. Stiff all the way to the tip, action kinda feels like 10ft xfactor but light weight.
Really depends where you are fishing.
The stick bait rods are ideal and so versatile. Finding a lower priced 9ft+ rod is the hard part.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 5:39pm
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by rockz rockz wrote:

what reel is going on it fish I?

Tossing up between 8000D and a Thunnus