Whakatane

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote REIVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whakatane
    Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 6:27pm
REIVER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Managed to get out again after a cancellation for work on Saturday. Stunning conditions, just fantastic being on the water. We had high hopes after our snapper session a couple of weeks ago but got taught a lesson! Plenty of kahawai but only managed 5 snapper for the morning (3 of us fishing). Tons of berley etc but the snapper were very shy. After our beating we headed out to one of my tarakihi spots and boom! straight in to them. Got 50 in 3 or so hours then home. I hope they don't tutu with the recreational  limits for tarakihi, they can turn a skunking in to a reasonable day.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Reiver those Taras can be hard to find, like you would like to see the limit kept the same. Im lucky if I catch 20 a year. Becase the comms have depleted the stocks someone suggested they should have there own bag limit.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 9:22pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Muzzfishing Muzzfishing wrote:

Nice Reiver those Taras can be hard to find, like you would like to see the limit kept the same. Im lucky if I catch 20 a year. Becase the comms have depleted the stocks someone suggested they should have there own bag limit.

Come to Gizzy, plenty here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 9:22pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Tzer Tzer wrote:

Originally posted by Muzzfishing Muzzfishing wrote:

Come to Gizzy, plenty here
Might have to come for a visit. Whakatanes is only half the distance. Mind you I did take the boat to Waihau Bay in June. 

A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.