diy rc fishing boat...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Xemul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diy rc fishing boat...
    Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 5:41pm
Xemul View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hello everybody :)

This is my first attempt to fishing with a diy rc boat. Does anyone else use boats in this form? Or just for the delivery of gear?

Also I use an underwater camera installed in the bottom of the boat, this allows me to find the best place. Working depth until 2.5 m. To increase the depth, I'm working on the descent model. You can evaluate how the cameras work on video.

Unfortunately in my locality there is no interest in such ships. Perhaps here I will find like-minded people ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 6:00pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Recon thats quite cool.
I always like this sort of thing, bit of what we call here in NZ  number 8 wire innovation... you may have to google that Kiwi expression.
 Not NZ?  where ?
 Only though I had watching was... get a good sized carp/ catfish / trout on...how far would it drag the boat?

Yes lot interest in NZ along this line... kontiki fishing of beaches with motorised torpedos, large bags, sails.
 Also now using drones to take lines out from shore .. and out from boats.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 8:14pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks like a bit of fun. I would think about adding a remote control or automatic cutter to cut the line if a large fish grabbed it. Fit a couple of outriggers for extra stability if there is any chance or a larger fish maybe?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xemul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:20pm
Xemul View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Not NZ?  where ?

I'm from Ukraine. I live in a village near the city of Nikolaev. https://www.google.com/maps/@46.9377733,32.0475814,34860m/data=!3m1!1e3

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Only though I had watching was... get a good sized carp/ catfish / trout on...how far would it drag the boat?

The length of the boat is 1.3 m (4.3 feet). Displacement 11 liters. Thrust more than 1,5 kg. While the maximum that I was fishing is 1.2 kg. She could not put up much resistance. I just lifted her head above the water with a winch;) 

Well, both the control and the video channel operate at a distance of more than 500m. I have not yet seen a fish in our region able to drag this boat to such a distance;)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xemul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 11:38pm
Xemul View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

For safety, there is a simple rule of the line length = depth in the place of catching the fish multiplied by 1.5. This makes it impossible for the fish to pull the boat vertically down.

In order to tighten the boat into the water to the level of the deck, you need more than 7 kg of effort. Given that the back cover closes tightly and above it another 10 cm superstructure - the effort for flooding is even greater. Due to the low center of gravity it is virtually impossible to turn it around ...

Considering all this I am calm. The maximum that a fish can do is to drag a boat along the water a little.