Rod recommendation light jigging

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ed114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rod recommendation light jigging
    Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 9:00pm
Ed114 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

In the market for a jig rod to suit Saltiga 35n for mechanical jigging in the gulf.

Preferably something on the longer side with a soft action but still have a bit of lifting power.

Will be running pe3 and jigging up to 250g max

Just sick of jigging stiff rods and heavy line. Want something I can jig with all day and have a bit of fun on the smaller kings.

So if you have any good recommendation let me know. Budget up to $500 max

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 7:42am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

My 651 slow jig rod would fit that criteria Ed, 6ft5in, jig 30-200g (can do more) and can handle 15kg of drag(not that i would ever do that) but very sensitive tip action
Blank is Japanese Toray carbon with nano composites
$269 includes a neoprene bag
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote spin king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:16am
spin king View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kavemans rods are the tits^^
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ed114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:14am
Ed114 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Kevin. I will see if one of the guys up here has one I can have a bend at cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 10:16am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nik Key has one on his charter boat or else Calvin Choo has them in stock at his place in Manurewa. I will also be up for 6 days next week from Tuesday onwards
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 9:22pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep x2 for Kevs rods I have the m spin and am VERY impressed with it.
Sensitive tip, plenty of grunt and top Fuji components. Boom job done..
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:27am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Update, no spin jig rods left and only 2 overhead until new shipment arrivesin 6 weeks

Thanks for kind words Pete
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeastMode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:33pm
BeastMode View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Update, no spin jig rods left and only 2 overhead until new shipment arrivesin 6 weeks

Thanks for kind words Pete

These are sounding good. Am I reading that right - more Spin Rods with the same specs as above?