Surfcaster recomendations

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RaggedJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surfcaster recomendations
    Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 8:52am
RaggedJoe View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

For the days at the beach (Pauanui) when we are not boat fishing, I'd like a land based option. Throwing a few baits behind the surf or into the harbour mouth.

Zero experience off the beach, what would be a good but not budget busting setup?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 4:35pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

How much do you want to spend roughly?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RaggedJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 5:31pm
RaggedJoe View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Enough to get a reasonable set..$400-500? More required?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 5:22pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sorry for the late reply. I used to work in the tackle industry and surfcasting is my main form of fishing. The 14 foot okuma nanomatrix is by far the best surf rod you can get without spending to much in my opinion. Around $250 for the rod. Reel wise anything with a long cast spool will be fine. These start around the $150 mark and like anything the more u spend the better you get. Hope that helps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RaggedJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:06am
RaggedJoe View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at those.