New diver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buddyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New diver
    Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:19am
Buddyboy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all, i am a verry new to diving and habe only really done 10 dives and shot one fish, but im struggling to find reliable spots to dive near to whakatane, was wondering if there woild be any advice available to me ?or maybe a diver willing to show me some general areas or even take me to a couple spots and teach me some things ? Any and all help is much apreciated
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:35am
Crippy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Buddyboy, Do you have access to a boat? Whale Island has been good to me in the past and of course White Island is one of the best places in NZ(IMHO) so if you ever get an offer to go out there jump on it. 
In terms of shore dives I haven't done much around Whakatane but Rabbit island at Mount Maunganui can produce the goods.

If you do get out to Whale I suggest watching some youtube vids on how to set a burley for snapper.

Good Luck
Go hard or die trying.