Railed-schools of Trevs-Snaps-Take a kid fish'n

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Railed-schools of Trevs-Snaps-Take a kid fish'n
    Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:37pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Fun day on the water with the boys Smile

With the boys still on holiday I was keen to get them out on the water for the day - The plan was to try and get Coby and his friend Isaac onto a few Kings. Last season we had an epic fam day hooking into some nice Kings to 20kilo and was hoping for another sesh like that.
We headed off around 10.00 and made our way out into the Gulf, there were plenty of small workups on the way out but we kept going. We ran for about an half an hour before we came onto some sign, the Simrad was chocker of bait fish and I tried a couple drops to no prevail. We moved around a few times before the sign changed to better looking King-fish marks.
Dropping again Coby hooked up and was onto a nice little King - after a 15min back and forth tussle he boated his 85cm King which he let go to fight another day. There was still sign showing so I dropped and hooked up for Isaac, not chasing King fish a lot he got dealt to a little so Coby gave him a hand and after a good 20-25mins Isaac boated his King at around 87cm. We drifted off the marks and it was hard to stay on them, the boys had a lot of fun and after wetting there King fish appetite I headed off to show them a mass of Trevally feeding on krill - it's great to hear kids buzzing at the sight of 100's of fish feeding on the surface.
We trolled around them for awhile and we even had a few Skipi show up occasionally, nothing took our lure so we headed off to catch a few Snapper before home. The boys had a great day with a few nice fish coming aboard and the still conditions made it even more special. Hopefully next time we can get onto a few more Kings to really put the boys to the test.
Keep fishing and tight lines

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 8:41pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mint conditions and some good fish - what more can you ask for! Thanks for the video.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Transformations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 10:07pm
Transformations View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Lucky boys, well done Jase👍
We don't know what we don't need till we've got it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:37pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

mint conditions and some good fish - what more can you ask for! Thanks for the video.
Cheers Telecaster - yes was a mint day alright, not much wind the whole day and the boys getting a few fish Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 6:39pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Transformations Transformations wrote:

Lucky boys, well done Jase👍
Cheers Shaun - great day alright which the boys loved Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:09am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ya boys are lucky to have a dad like you. i luckily had uncles who taught me how to dive and fish. i cant imagine my life without knowing how to feed myself when the zombie apocalypse comes (they taught me how to hunt with a 303 in the 70s)

great quality report AS USUAL.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:41pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

ya boys are lucky to have a dad like you. i luckily had uncles who taught me how to dive and fish. i cant imagine my life without knowing how to feed myself when the zombie apocalypse comes (they taught me how to hunt with a 303 in the 70s)

great quality report AS USUAL.
Cheers FF - Hahahaha yip us gathers all be swt unless the animals start the Zombie attack Confused - when comes to my boys just trying to leave a legacy for them to follow Smile

Tight lines