Parsun t9.8bml

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chris B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parsun t9.8bml
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 7:37pm
Chris B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I got the above free with my last boat. Wouldn't be my choice but can justify upgrading yet.

It's got a problem with the fuel pump - leaking diaphragm

I'm having trouble getting parts and have heard that these motors are yam knock offs. If so maybe I can get better parts service through their network

Can anyone tell me what yam equivalent my model is?

If it helps here's the parts book

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A3A7C-q037KzVw7vGy9VmoZjYj3QJHED/view?usp=drivesdk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chris B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 8:14pm
Chris B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ps I know it's not a tohatsu 9.8 if that helps
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 3:10am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://outboard-motors.co.nz

They are parsun dealers in Taranaki

have heard good and bad,just like any motor.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Black Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:37am
Black Max View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looks like a Yamaha copy to me.
Try a Yamaha dealer - part may be interchangeable 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chris B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 5:57pm
Chris B View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks, I think it's sorted now, not a pleasant crowd to deal with though felt like I was annoying them. Also tried HB Marine but they haven't got back to me.

They seem pretty solid and basic motors which I like (is all I can understand)

The other minor problem is the paintwork is shocking, it's peeling away (outboard is stored out of the water, kept clean etc).

I will look for the original Yam still, I don't know if Parsun will be around forever in NZ so it would be good to know I can still get parts if they go under (I had heard rumours one way and the other so who knows).

All in all not a bad little motor, not as bad as you hear people say, but I wouldn't recommend buying one as I'd want to know that I could get reliable after-sales service for the lifetime of the motor.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Durban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 3:34pm
Durban View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If you in a hurry to go fishing and cannot get a diaphram , cut one out of a chicken oven bag it does the job .