security cameras

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: security cameras
    Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:15am
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

whats everyone using to protect their boats, gear, and property?

which systems work well?
pros and cons?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hookedline&sinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:10pm
Hookedline&sinker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

SAS wheel lock , tow ball locks - one that goes into tow ball (hitch lock) and another that locks the coupling mechanism. Expensive gear stored in shed nearby including aux engine. all stored out of sight from the road.biat covered as well so can't see it easily get inside.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 10:01am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We have had security cameras for over 10 yrs now.
 A geovision setup as a card in a PC, 24 hr motion recording .. also has number plate recon, masking, item movement counters and lot more.. most dont use.
 Cameras..
Your objective is to position and have the right camera vocal length to read number plates, ID peoples face, therefore location and vocal length.
 Important part is to get the camera with the right vocal length for the aera u are covering..
 ie up a long drive, cover the 1st 30/40  a 12mm lens
 Cover the yard to shed/ boat  9mm
 Cover front deck area and back door.. 6mm

They are your basic off the shelf 3mm.. all that good for is see movement or cover a small kitchen.. total waster of time.
 Our cameras where about $220 basic ones 10 yes ago... you pick up far better ones around $180 these days.

boat security.. the std wheel locks.. leave one on and drive away.. it will smash your fenders and break away.. try it. a thief doesnt care
 Ball lock excellent... But if the boat is a straight drive out.. just hook up the chain to a car hitch, and it will tow out nps.. a duel wheel even easier.

Got to see the humour here.. A prowler about a month back.
 Signs up everywhere, the red glow from the night cameras stick up in the dark to confirm their actual existence..
Lost a bit of detail in converting the still files to upload to here.

Hes got the screen part of the real elcheapo reversing camera that use for backing up to the trailer hitch in his hand

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:11pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

theres some awesome information there steps

the plate recognition features etc, are they part of the geovision software or something you added?

i have the other areas of security covered to a level i’m happy with. i would like the extra edge of being aware if anyones been snooping, at what, and maybe be a step ahead of anything they may have done to prepare. like any locks tampered with maybe run 240v to them as a surprise....bamboo spikes in a covered pit......catapault
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 2:45pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by CanadianJohn CanadianJohn wrote:

theres some awesome information there steps

the plate recognition features etc, are they part of the geovision software or something you added?

i have the other areas of security covered to a level i’m happy with. i would like the extra edge of being aware if anyones been snooping, at what, and maybe be a step ahead of anything they may have done to prepare. like any locks tampered with maybe run 240v to them as a surprise....bamboo spikes in a covered pit......catapault

Consider leaving a hungry bear in your boat too
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 7:04pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The soft ware..even thu the PC card is 10 yrs old the software has had amazing updates.
I did not know about just how much it can do, private masling .. even private masking part of the screen.. movement  levels on different parts of the screen, mist ..endless stuff.
Then stuff like the drive way camera, motion at a certain level in the unmasked section, sets off a dog bark or whate ever sound you want on the PC... or you can set it up to run on your moble..
 Or set up to send a txt or email.
 Had a friend who was in Aussie , he got a email warning on a interor office cam in his business...rang the local (NZ cops) telling then description, and where they where when the cops arrived..all from Aussie.
 When we 1st got it , one of our children saved up and brought on line a expensive phone.. the courier reconed dropped it off at a given time .. no one home.  funny thin was showed him there , check to see if ppl home , get back in and leave.. with the goods....