First Fishing trip!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IGAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Fishing trip!
    Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:49pm
IGAB View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got the ski kitted out now, so hoping to get my very first Jetski fishing trip in tomorrow morning.

Heading out to Waiheke / Motuihe / Browns for 2-3 hrs. If you are heading out to similar grounds it would be great to catch up.....need someone to keep me right :-)

Cheers
Looking forward to to fishing freedom on the Jet ski..and maybe even catching a fish :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cliff M-F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 3:16pm
Cliff M-F View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Results IGAB?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IGAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:29pm
IGAB View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Cliff,

Plenty on the sounder and plenty of offer...but no fish. Despite this it was one of the most enjoyable fishing trips I've had.

I'll need to get some practice with soft baits, not something I've really done, but practice makes perfect... looking forward to another trip out very soon.
Looking forward to to fishing freedom on the Jet ski..and maybe even catching a fish :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 11:03pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try using micro jigs mate. Pretty much the same gear as soft baiting but you can adjust the weight of jig to suit the conditions.
Also you can go lite and adjust your position using the ski to keep vertical.
Tight lines
PE Pete