Quick session on the Great lake after night shift

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wopass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick session on the Great lake after night shift
    Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:19pm
wopass View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

0730 finished night shift and driving home,weather was spectacular and could hear it calling me... 

over the hill and the lake was gleaming, another cracker day in Taupo!!

get home to see the Mrs off to work...

Quickly hook SPARTA on and grab the gear, head down to the 2 mile bay ramp slide her off into the drink. fire up the big Yammy and she purrs into life, let her warm up a little while i park the bus, idle the big girl out of the 5knt zone and get the stereo dialed up then head on out past the Buoy and open her up, still feels weird hooning round on the lake in a 7m westcoaster... fun tho LOL 

Anywho, decide to head around to a new area i haven't tried before as a mate said it was worth a drag, i normally head over to acacia side and troll but figured gotta try new things now and then, and seems he was right, fair bit of sign on the sounder so in goes the little cobra to do its magic

got a few nice fish in the tank and turfed a couple back.

ended up taking 3 up to the smoker man. then home to bed.

bloody nice way to finish a shift!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 9:33pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Nice
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 10:02pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Choice.
A bit further along is the Horomatangi Reef, well worth a vist.
Around the edges with the cobra & over the reef proper with a harling fly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 6:41am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up Great going wopass!! Thumbs Up

Do you work at a power station?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 7:07am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great looking fish and lovely day - thanks enjoyed pictures.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:39am
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good report, mate, I can smell that fresh plateau air...

I've been told that long shoreline heading towards Waitahanui mouth is an excellent spot for harling/trolling along the drop off. given the quality of some of the fish going up the Waitahanui each winter, I'm not surprised.