Elite-12 Ti or HDS-12 Gen 3 (Toatalscan)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wh00t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elite-12 Ti or HDS-12 Gen 3 (Toatalscan)
    Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 2:30pm
Wh00t View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am looking at replacing my sounder/chart plotter after my current units were stolen and am thinking along the Lowrance line as there are some pretty good deals out there at the moment. 95% of my fishing is soft-baiting and jigging done in less than 100 meters with only the very occasional attempt at deeper stuff.
My two questions are whether I would see any benefit spending the extra on the HDS over the Ti and is the totalscan transducer the way to go?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Craig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:39am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A current thread on the subject, gets interesting mid way down 2 page.
http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/sounder-plotter-combo-recommendations_topic126063.html
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wopass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
wopass View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i have the HDS12 gen2 and 3 side by side and its a primo bit of kit, run the gen 2 with just chart and radar and the gen 3 does everything else, is a noticable step ahead of the older one, screen is clear and shows all the details you want to see, also have it running through the 1kw airmar tm260 and have the 3D structure unit hooked up as well for the shallow water stuff, man its cool!! havent used or read anything on the total scan or the TI so can not comment on that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wh00t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 10:31am
Wh00t View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for that. Still waiting on insurance company to give me payout figure before final decision is made. Looking at probable payout means I might actually go for two of the Elite-9Ti,s side by side for less than 1 HDS-12.