Recommended rod for PE 8

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote :Hunter: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommended rod for PE 8
    Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:02am
:Hunter: View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi guys

Looking it for a rod to pair my saltiga 8000 too, any recommendations?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:36am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Brent you referring to Saltiga Dogfight 8000 and if so you want topwater or jigging recommendations??
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 2:23pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by :Hunter: :Hunter: wrote:

Hi guys

Looking it for a rod to pair my saltiga 8000 too, any recommendations?

Hi Brent, IMO first thing to decide is how much your looking to spend? and second thing is are you wanting to predominantly use stickbaits? or poppers?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote :Hunter: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 2:30pm
:Hunter: View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Predominantly stickbaiting for kingis, I have a daiwa monster mesh rod at the moment but don't think this was really designed for stickbaiting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 2:56pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Carpenter BLC 80/35 R
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Innaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 4:15pm
Innaaa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Runcl spinning rod mecury. At first, I did not suppose much on this  rod that was bought on Amazon until I caught a 35-pound pike on its first trip. I got to love it. The fishing rod is very strong, but not heavy and feel light. The most important thing is that the price is inexpensive.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 4:28pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ugly Stick would pair up mint with a Daiwa Saltiga 8000 Expedition/Dogfight brah. Talk to the boys at Rod and Reel. They have a couple of Ripple Fishers, Yamagas, and others like Daiwa Saltiga available. Alternatively, you could try Yeehaa for a Carpenter. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishy11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
Fishy11 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by :Hunter: :Hunter: wrote:

Predominantly stickbaiting for kingis, I have a daiwa monster mesh rod at the moment but don't think this was really designed for stickbaiting.

Ok, have you tried out the monster mesh with the Saltiga on it? Speaking from experience they will work some stickbaits from 100-140g ish rigged, well most of the timeErmm Sinking lures or floating lures that are pretty forgiving aren't an issue but any lures that take a bit more finesse you will want something with a softer tip.

If money isn't the main deciding factor, and you're looking for a really good PE8 ish stcikbait rod  the Carpenter BLC 80/35 R that DenimViper suggested is pretty hard to beat.

A few other options if you are spending that sort of money -
Race Point 150 or Race Point 200 from Saltywater Tackle. Carpenter BLC 80/40R Power Max SC, also maybe check out MC works & Maven.