Tauranga area Parore

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doctordr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tauranga area Parore
    Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:30pm
Doctordr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all,

Have been enjoying catching 'stonker' Parore on weed flies and a #6 rod up in Whangaparaoa lately, and was making the trek south east to lovely Tauranga for the next 4 days.
Have also been playing around with various British made centre pin reels and floats targeting the humble Parore, and can feel another addiction starting to take hold, but I'll leave that for another day!

Was hoping to flick out a few ice dub weed flies when I'm down there but have never really seen any Parore when I've been down there before..I know they are there ;-) They have to be.

Can anyone offer any suggestions ?
Still haven't checked out the pilot bay wharf, so am hoping something will come of that.

Cheers
Paul
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:57pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

The Tga harbour is chocka with Parore Paul.
One really good spot is the entrance to the Sulphur Point marina.
If you walk out on the long rock wall, from next to the hardstand & go right out to the end.
Some of the Asian guys used to jag them using surfcaster rods & they got plenty.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doctordr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:22am
Doctordr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Excellent thanks Uncle..firing up Google earth right now.