My first Day out

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Day out
    Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 9:13pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Today was the only free day so went to Mangatutu.
River was still higher than I'd like but decided a couple of hours was worth a shot.
Started with a black nymph with some sparkle......3rd cast  nice rainbow about 1 kg.....5 minutes late a bigger and really hard-fighting rainbow..a bit bigger.
Then another , like the first, 10 minutes later.
Fished for anothe 90 minutes for zilch.
The 3 were all within sight  of my car - all very good conditioned fish.

The cockie I always talk to said by end of September, the rainfall was higher than the record for all of the year !
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 7:55am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a good day fishing yesterday - all set for wet wading - no waders. Brought along a long sleeve polypropylene top to keep sun and bugs off and sun block & lip balm/block - well that was the plan. Forgot the bag I'd put them in. Still, had all my fishing tackle. River was about 100 mm higher than I'd like...in fast flowing water that really is a lot of extra pressure to walk against. First couple of hours was pleasant but totally unproductive. Then I got my foot trapped in some wire from a flood-damaged fence and fell face first into the river and in a flash, my polarised prescription glasses were gone - not a hope in hell of finding them.
Still, my eyesight is still good enough to continue fishing and then the catching started. Got 3 nice rainbows then a good brown and another which darted under a fallen tree and broke me off. Got a smaller rainbow then a nice brown - both within sight of my car. Sunburnt arms and $200 worth of glasses was the cost!!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken