New PENN Ocean Insurgent Rods

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PENN Ocean Insurgent Rods
    Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:44pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

SLS3 construction uses inner & outer spiral wrap layers of carbon and glass. The spiral wraps maintain a round cross section in the blank when under load which helps the blank handle higher loads. The middle layers of unidirectional carbon & glass create the backbone of the rod by utilizing the strength of glass combined with the lightweight of the carbon fiber to deliver a strong, balanced, & thin rod blank

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 7:38pm
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ive been playing with the 6'6 overhead coupled with a fathom 12, bait fishing with 20lb mono.... perfect for fishing circle hooks. 

What a dream to fish with! Awesome rods with huge guide rings! Casts baits big and small without fuss. Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:27pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by like_to_strike like_to_strike wrote:

Ive been playing with the 6'6 overhead coupled with a fathom 12, bait fishing with 20lb mono.... perfect for fishing circle hooks. 

What a dream to fish with! Awesome rods with huge guide rings! Casts baits big and small without fuss. Thumbs Up
Yes they are a great rod - and great for casting baits with the over sized guides...

That little combo you have is near on perfect in the Penn range foe what your doing with it Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 6:06pm
Platinum
Platinum

Are the penn torque II spin going to be brought over here? im itching to look at one in person.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:12pm
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can't wait to see these in the shops would love to combo one up with my penn squall 15 instead of buying the legion like I was going to do. What sort of price bracket are these going to retail for?

Callsign: ZMU 4809
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:15pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by like_to_strike like_to_strike wrote:

Are the penn torque II spin going to be brought over here? im itching to look at one in person.

Hi lts - not at this stage there has been no talk of it. They look like a nice reel alright - the old TRQ spins didn't move much for us so normally there is no carry on into new....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:18pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by hunter708 hunter708 wrote:

Can't wait to see these in the shops would love to combo one up with my penn squall 15 instead of buying the legion like I was going to do. What sort of price bracket are these going to retail for?

Yes h708 - they should be rolling into stores as we type Big smile - these should retail out at around $100 - $120 and combo'd up with ya little SQL would be ideal....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:56pm
Platinum
Platinum

Bugger, ahwell ill carry on with the slammer for a while. cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:18pm
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by fishwisperer fishwisperer wrote:

Originally posted by hunter708 hunter708 wrote:

Yes h708 - they should be rolling into stores as we type Big smile - these should retail out at around $100 - $120 and combo'd up with ya little SQL would be ideal....

Sweet as nice to know that they are going to be selling a little bit cheaper than the ocean assassin that I paid $220 for the other week, in saying that I do not mind paying for good quality gear.

Callsign: ZMU 4809
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote joe4jp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm
joe4jp View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Recently bought the Penn Ocean Insurgent Spin Jigging 6.6 rod and paired it with Penn Spinfisher V5500.

Can't wait to test this out !!!!!Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:31pm
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by joe4jp joe4jp wrote:

Recently bought the Penn Ocean Insurgent Spin Jigging 6.6 rod and paired it with Penn Spinfisher V5500.

Can't wait to test this out !!!!!Smile
Nice one j4jp - that'll be a bullet proof combo for you Smile let me know how you go....