Hard Work At Kawhia

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard Work At Kawhia
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:39pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Monday out of Kawhia was pretty hard work for us, plenty of work ups in close 20 to 30m area, could see fish on the bottom but getting the gear thru those pesky couta's was a misson, gave up in the end and shifted out deep, still a few of the razor gang along with spiny dogs to keep us busy all day, good day for the tackle suppliers
The boss (who gave me the day off) with the best fish of the day

Ended up with plenty of pannies, carrots and kahawai.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonyg26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 9:59pm
Tonyg26 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 7:11am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

nice one feeder, i hear Raglan is going off at 60m+ mark. Bait fishing or do i see a kabura slider in picture?
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 7:55am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The kabura was the plan for under the work ups, it did account for a couda LOL wasn't that keen on throwing away that amount of money so it stayed in the rod holder to fish another day.
Dirty old bait for the rest of the day.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 8:27am
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Beats a day working, fishing with the Boss! Still good fishing feeder. Interesting the amount of Couta's there, get the odd one off Mokau sometimes. They are good bait though.... Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 8:39am
sink View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Snappa Geoff Snappa Geoff wrote:

Beats a day working, fishing with the Boss! Still good fishing feeder. Interesting the amount of Couta's there, get the odd one off Mokau sometimes. They are good bait though.... Cheers.
There was quite a few couttas off Mokau on Saturday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 3:54pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers for the report, looks like the West coast is going to really fire soon. I always find deeper is better than shallow less Sharks and KY.

A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 7:11pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have caught a good sized snapper or a slice of cuda before. They are supposed to be good puka baits too.