Allenco no3

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allenco no3
    Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:35pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I had to sell my dream boat which was not easy but quite a few things had gone and were going wrong for me and I needed to look at what was important .
Once I was happy with where I was going I took the plunge to have another boat built, I looked at several options ie a Frewza , thank you Roofless, and also priced up a Commando cc but at the end of the day I really wanted Harvey to build me another boat .
So after much debate with Harvey this is what we designed and he built
_

its a side console , lots of deck space

with quite a shallow deadrise but a fine entry

I gave Harvey the go ahead /deposit in the first week of April and he's just blasted it out , Hosking built the trailer and had the boat for five weeks and then Harvey and the boys fitted the motor and electronics last week .

I wanted a boat that was easy for one person to handle , something I could spend some time with my boy on and ultimately a boat I can ship up to Raro for when I spend more time up there after we build our new house up there .
Today I took it out for my first run on it (, Harvey and the boys took it for a spin on the lake ) and was really happy , ride is awesome ; manged to find some meter swells by Destuction Gully , speed good ,and dinners going to be good .

many thanks Harvey

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome boat Rory that was real quick to - cannot comment on decision to sell Allenco #2 but do find a smaller boat very handy and easy to use and of course cheaper to buy and run.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:25pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers John
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:30pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

A friend has an Allenco, a 5.8. I'm very jealous of him Big smile. Harvey is a good guy too.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Roofless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:38pm
Roofless View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looks good Rory I will call in one day and have a close look at it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:48pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Roofless Roofless wrote:

Looks good Rory I will call in one day and have a close look at it

Be good to see you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 8:04am
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good to hear you got the trailer sorted. Boat looks nice and the boys smile says it all.
Is a new boat like a new rod and you have to throw the first fish back for eternal good luck?
Tongue
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:09pm
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks good Rory Thumbs Up
We must get some marlin blood over her in the summer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:56pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Foxtrot Oscar Foxtrot Oscar wrote:

Good to hear you got the trailer sorted. Boat looks nice and the boys smile says it all.
Is a new boat like a new rod and you have to throw the first fish back for eternal good luck?
Tongue

first fish was a kahwai and it went back.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:57pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Karlosnz Karlosnz wrote:

Looks good Rory Thumbs Up
We must get some marlin blood over her in the summer

we'll give it a go Karl