Digital Fuel Senders

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digital Fuel Senders
    Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 5:02pm
J-D View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi team,

My fuel sender has died on my Caribbean 35 and now reads constantly fill. 
I am looking at replacing it and have seen the BEP digital sender. 

Question, as I have an analog VDO gauge, will I need to change it to a BEP digital gauge?

Also will I have to run my fuel tank right down for the unit to "learn: my tank as I was told by the salesman?

Cheers

Jamie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Apex Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 7:31pm
Apex Predator View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You will need the BEP gauge.

You won't need to empty your tank. The sender will need to be programmed to the depth and capacity of the tank and the dealer should be able to do this. BEP will also program the unit for you. The units need to be placed carefully in the tank, not next to the sides or baffles etc. they are very accurate I did have one fail after a couple of years but the replacement lasted well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 1:32pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Depending on what fishfinder etc you have you could also look at an NMEA fuel sender and display.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mattyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:52am
mattyroo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have you got an NMEA network with MFD in your boat? If so, definitely go the NMEA way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Polar_Kiwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
Polar_Kiwis View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Do they have senders for 40 ltr tanks? Would like to hook mine up to my Simrad for range etc.
Here fishy, fishy fishy.... Nom, nom, nom
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 6:20pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The nmea based units, dont care what size your tank is, you tell it via the fish finder/chart plotter, how many liters the tank is, and when you fill it, or addfuel. It monitors usage and calculates remaining fuel, and range based on current conditions.(consumption versus speed)
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...