Lions 2017

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lions 2017
    Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 10:57pm
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Full credit to the Baa Baa's who played out of their skins. I hate to say it but against a team of no names, the Lions were pretty crap. Doesn't bode too well for the rest of the series.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 11:04pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Going to be a tough tour for the big cats, might scrape past the blues from here on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:21am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup. Full credit to the BaaBaa part timers. What impressed me was their speed and accuracy. Bryn Gatland had a blinder. Great to see them kicking into the corner instead of for goal with their penalties. And also great to see a few well executed up and unders.
Looking forward to the rest of the tour and hopefully the Lions improve with game time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 3:17am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Totally agree.....i was expecting the pussycats to put 20 on them near the end...Thats was a provincial side......the game with the blues will be a good contest(50/50 call) but i cant see them beating the crusaders........3-0 in the test series with the first game ....the ab;s will put a big score on them...why the **** they have gatland and howler as coach baffles me......Howler is a bloody hopeless backs coach and thats why wales scored very few tries in the six nations.....Wales need a NZ backs coach to work with Gatland.......then wales would become very dangerous !..But the WRU are all stoned and nobody is accountable to them..........The nz moari will rough em a bit too........I wonder how many of their top players will be left come test time?....sure Gatland will have his excuses lined up ready....sure it will be entertaining all the same.....I dont expect much of a threat from the lions....They wont match nz for enthusiasm and intensity for a start.Embarrassed
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 9:40pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not pretty but well done to the Blues who I didn't think were that flash but certainly good enough to get he job done.
Here's hoping the Lions continue to develop and become more competitive - they've got some big games coming up.
Not the best game we've seen this season but that final Blues try was champagne.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 12:43am
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Best game for the blues all season really.
Lions do need to pick it up, home they do come to the party. But really stiff competition in front of them, can't really see them winning anything.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 7:56am
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

So stoked the blues Won!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 4:45am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That last blues try was a ripper...had me screaming out in my perth living room........Neighbours just couldnt understand...LOL.......
It doesnt get any easier for them.,.......Crusaders next.......they have to lift another level to stand a chance.
Stander had a good game for the lions as did o toe jay and half penny but the back line play is, in a welsh style.......which is way too predictable........ The All Blacks will expose them there...imho.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 8:37am
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not pretty rugby but the Lions dug deep and showed commitment. That win will do them the world of good and showed they have potential to be competitive, in a boring sort of a way. They will need to sort their scrum out though.
No excuses for the Crusaders, they made to many mistakes and weren't capable if getting their style of rugby going. To be fair the loss will do them no harm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KikBac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:01am
KikBac View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Outstanding defence by both teams. Was never going to be a night for a lot of tries. Crusaders minus Crotty looked ordinary in attack. Mouanga guilty of kicking away too much possession. Farrell and Murray on the other hand kicked superbly for Lions. What's with the Crusaders turning down shots at goal in a match that was likely to be decided on penalties?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:24am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pretty average refereeing I have to say, but the Crusaders lost that match more than the Lions won it. They kicked aimlessly downfield and kicked badly at that. They didn't take points when they could have with penalties, got caught up in their own hype I suspect. 

Lions defence was great but hard for both teams to attack when the opposition is allowed to be offside all day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 9:35pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Lions midweek team are improving and playing some good rugby. Congrats on a convincing and much needed win. Good to see them scoring some nice tries - clearly Jack Nowell, or the others who dared to pass the ball don't have any aspirations re playing in the test team.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 9:40pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Finally some good rugby, be keen to see how the AB's counter it. suddenly looking like it's going to be a great match. AB's by 14
Best gurnard fisherman in my street