Good jigging reel??

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MandM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good jigging reel??
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:54pm
MandM View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi everyone

I'm after a jigging reel to match a jig master enchanter rod. Pe 4/8.
Max 400g

Don't want to spend a $1000 plus!

Can anyone recommend anything?

Looked at a few, jigging master accurate and shimano ocea.

New to jigging , fish off west coast New Plymouth - thoughts appreciated.

Mainly targeting fish in 30/100 Mtrs.
Puka and Kings and anything else that hits the jig!

Cheers
Mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:12am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hey Mark
Have a look at these Poseidon Jigging Reels :
https://www.reelrepairguy.co.nz/product/1148480

Worth considering if your budget is less than $500 or if you want the best then I would recommend Accurate :
https://www.reelrepairguy.co.nz/product/963399

Or Alutecnos Gorilla 12 :
https://www.reelrepairguy.co.nz/product/963161

So many choices available nowadays, hard to choose?

cheers swordfishsteveSmile
REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:23am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi mate I have a finnor maquesa ma 12 with 60lbs off new braid.only used 2 times.

$280 u can have it.Nice reel but have gone bck to spin set up.

Send me a text n will send pics if keen
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MandM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:51pm
MandM View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the offer.
Going to see what I can find at the boat show.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MandM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 6:54pm
MandM View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Steve

I have checked out your website and have thought about the accurate reels.

Only thing putting me off is I've read they require a lot of maintenance.?

Is this true?

Cheers
Mark

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rehutai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 11:04pm
Rehutai View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

tx sent
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfish15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 6:52am
kingfish15 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

MandM have a look at a jigging master power spell pe7 the reel is $1050 from smart marine with a club card, it is a excellent reel.
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:16am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Accurate BX500 DFS SLAMMER 6.1/1 15KG smooth workable drag all day with full free spool 👍
Contact Kane at Decoro or pm him on here Jig Master.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swordfishsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:30am
swordfishsteve View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi MArk
Ok in answer to your question regarding Accurate reels require high maintenance, I would say no more than any jigging reel, in fact now with there sealed handle shaft anti reverse bearings , they are probably more reliable than ever. 
All reels require regular maintenance if you want reliable service, particularly mechanical jigging reels,during this type of fishing you are exerting huge mechanical loads on gears, bearings and particularly the Anti reverse bearing, so best to have your jigging reels serviced regularly ( at least every 12 months) as preventative  measure.
Kane at Decoros in Tauranga is the Importer and Distributor of Accurate reels in NZ, best to talk details of his modifications to the early Accurate reels specifically designed for our harsh NZ use. his number is 0508 545 545
I can help you with any other technical details on Alutecnos as I am the NZ agent, JM , Shimano, Studio Ocean Mark, Poseidon, Maxel and many more brands of reels which may suit your needs, as I service and rebuild them all, so see the good the bad and the ugly.
cheers swordfishsteveSmile

REEL REPAIR GUY - Swordfishsteve, That Is Who I Am and That is What I Do : See More At :www.reelrepairguy.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ChrisW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:53am
ChrisW View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by MandM MandM wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm after a jigging reel to match a jig master enchanter rod. Pe 4/8.
Max 400g

Don't want to spend a $1000 plus!

Can anyone recommend anything?

Looked at a few, jigging master accurate and shimano ocea.

New to jigging , fish off west coast New Plymouth - thoughts appreciated.

Mainly targeting fish in 30/100 Mtrs.
Puka and Kings and anything else that hits the jig!

Cheers
Mark

then you won't go past the Maxel Transformer F70 reel. F70 has the big power arm, egonomic T-bar with huge drag capabilities. Price is extremely competitive approx. $850. I have some new demo F70 reels up for grabs, PM me if you want more info.

give it death!