Opening weekend (Fishing Weather as per normal)

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wide Load Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 6:40pm
Wide Load View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mate and I had our youngest kids out for their first shoot. Access to a pond fell through at the last minute but a Marton farmer came to our rescue and were were able to have a crack at Parries. we shot a box of clays that made up for the lack of birds.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 8:58pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Worst ever opening for us Unhappy, to be fair though we were given short notice our pond was not ours to shoot anymore (bugger) and had to jack up another possie.

1st time that I have not fired a shot on opening morning since 1961, hope it's the last time.

The fishing was 1st class on Sunday, not a bad second prize.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 10:07am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looks like a couple naturals there Wide Load.
Great stuff good to see the young ones out there enjoying it.
Still plenty of the season left to find some birds.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 12:23pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Late report. Great opening, first shots fired brought us a couple of canadas, a first in our swamp. Limits for the whole crew on Saturday, I got mine Sunday and then again Monday so had an early pack up for home. Great weekend!
You cant eat my toast fish
Page  <12