Where have all the poppy stalls gone ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where have all the poppy stalls gone ?
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

In past years they were to be found all over ( malls, supermarket, store foyers etc. ) but this year it has taken three outings with the expressed purpose of donating, to locate one & even then only after finally asking a wearer who directed me to Briscoes where they were available at the checkout.

Still had to ask if they had them as they were obscurely tucked away on the counter with nary a sign inside or out to indicate they were available & I had to ask.

Not suggesting Briscoes were in anyway to blame but surely such a worthy cause is deserving of more prominent exposure be it signage or whatever, after all would imagine impulse donating would surely constitute a large portion of the takings.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:38pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Loads at Browns Bay high street on Saturday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:24pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Poppy day was last Friday so there were probably more around then.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 3:25pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

they have sold more on poppy day (last Friday) than ever before.
RSA's sell the (of course)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 7:44pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

countdown or the ladies outside

i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:37pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Obviously I was in the wrong places at the wrong time ... but no worries managed to give a donation & have a poppy to wear tomorrow.

So long as they have enjoyed a successful appeal, I guess that is all that matters.
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!