tiri

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tiri
    Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 4:59am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

has any one been out around tiri and can update the fishing , cheersWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WHANGAPOA FISHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 8:04am
WHANGAPOA FISHER View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fished in the channel about 2 weeks ago for next to nothing, went around the back in close and caught a couple around 10 pound and dropped a donkey( est. 25lb plus ) ten feet from the boat, trace line broke. Slow fishing but early morning was the go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 4:07pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

cheers mate
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote f1sh1ngDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 9:54am
f1sh1ngDNA View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all, Been a while since i have visited this forum 
Just wanted to share feedback. after a long spell of no fishing and recently moving to the north shore i trialed a few areas around Birkenhead with little luck. a month or so had past and this time wanted to try in the Tiri Channel for the 1st time but didnt quite make it out that far. Bait fish are in close and so are the Snapper, Kahawai and Kings. It was Saturday 1st April (Yes April fools day) 3 blokes about 1km from boat ramp and we had an amazing day. We caught our snapper with the added bonus of 4 Ocean run Kahawai and an even bigger bonus of 4 Kings. We released 2 other kings both around 12-14kg. released numerous amounts of snapper as well. Bite time for us that day was from when we started at 7:30am till when we decided to go home at 2pm. It was a recon mission as i had never fished that area before and i was completely blown away by the quality and quantity of the fish in that area. 

Style: Strayline - 1/8 to no weight, tide/Current depending
Bait: Sanma, Bullet Tuna
High Tide: 11:40am 
Bite time: 7:30am - 2pm (Consistent) 
Species: Snapper(21) Kahawai (4) Kingfish (4) 
Burley: Chunked out steady flow of Sanma and Bullet Tuna 
Line Weight/Trace 20lb main/30ld trace for Snapper, 40lb main/100lb trace for Kings

Hope you all enjoy my feedback and hopefully this helps people whom are new to fishing. 

"cut me open and you will see me bleed fish"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:45am
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice report mate, where did you launch from. cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote f1sh1ngDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:53am
Silver
Silver

Thanks Lingee, Launched from Gulf Harbour Marina 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote f1sh1ngDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:10am
Silver
Silver

Hi All 
Another report. 
Went out Saturday 8th. High tide 5:30pm. Fished 1pm - 5:30pm 
Launched Army Bay for the 1st time and fished 800 - 900M from Shore close to the rocks at the point approx 150M off from the rocks in 6M of water. 
Same style and approach as previous and bite time was for entire period we were there. 
Hope this helps.
Photo to follow 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote f1sh1ngDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 7:13am
Silver
Silver