Stickbait start-up kit

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote captain.Gav. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stickbait start-up kit
    Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:19pm
captain.Gav. View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Getting all set for some Stickbaiting kit this winter, rod & reel almost sorted, and the start of a stickbait collection in the making!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote muchalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:22pm
muchalls View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Addictive! Caught my first Kingie 2 weeks ago, only 11kg but seeing the take was awesome!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote captain.Gav. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:15pm
Silver
Silver

From Top to bottom,,   
- sea dragon 270mm, 160gm, paua,
- sea dragon 240mm, 120 gm, silver,
- carpenter gamma, 230mm, GT 120gm, mackeral.

Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:30pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That mackie is the bomb! I may have a gamma y-90 for sale unused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote captain.Gav. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:41pm
Silver
Silver

Yeah, the macky my favorite,, have used my mates one and caught one each of closest to biggest kings i have seen....   not weighed but just either side of 40 keggers. 
How muchy you after for 90  ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 10:56am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

$190
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 10:31pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by captain.Gav. captain.Gav. wrote:

Yeah, the macky my favorite,, have used my mates one and caught one each of closest to biggest kings i have seen....   not weighed but just either side of 40 keggers. 
How muchy you after for 90  ?

What sort of parallel universe do you live in, mate? 40kg kingies as a beginner (fish of a lifetime for most!) and you've got mates who lend you a $250 stick bait to have a crack with? Big smile
Very jealous.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 11:22pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very funny post TK. Have a backbone elite stick bait rod gathering dust in garage, never used after broke my last one. Not sure if will not break on 40 kg kings but i fish pe 5 on sustain 10k when used to do it and still managed to smash a previous rod at white. Make offer, tony orton rated elites as reaso rod when he reviewed em a while back. Not really my gig stickbaiting. Like jigging though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote captain.Gav. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 5:40pm
Silver
Silver

Yeah Tamure Kid, i'm a beginner at topwater, but i have a real GC mate Troy Dando who's silly enough to let us use his top end gear, and we hope like F### a big Couta don't smash it, his set-up is awesome.. a carpenter blue chaser 80/35 with a Stella 10000, Gerry Brown 80lb and yes a heap of expensive lures for us to lose  ;-)    Here's a clip of some action we have down in the top of the south Kingfish Haven............. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIEiDPtaJjY , if the link doesn't come through, youtube search Troy Dando, Topwater Kingfish Durville Island.  :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 5:24am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great Vid and pics thatWink
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aramoana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 5:08pm
Aramoana View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Very funny post TK. Have a backbone elite stick bait rod gathering dust in garage, never used after broke my last one. Not sure if will not break on 40 kg kings but i fish pe 5 on sustain 10k when used to do it and still managed to smash a previous rod at white. Make offer, tony orton rated elites as reaso rod when he reviewed em a while back. Not really my gig stickbaiting. Like jigging though.

How have you found it? What are the specs and would be keen to sell it?
Viking Predator Profish 26/11/16
Haines Hunter SF535