Quality slow jig rod?

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yellafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 4:29pm
yellafin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

www.boatcity.co.nz. They don't sell fishing gear on their site.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kil Song Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 4:34pm
Kil Song View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by yellafin yellafin wrote:

www.boatcity.co.nz. They don't sell fishing gear on their site.
Is there any way to know what Black Hole rods they carry ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 5:44pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good to have you on the forum kil song , you should check out Yeehaa fishing ( sponsor ) and also Rod and Reel , both supply our market with top quality jigging and popping / stickbaiting gear . You obviously know synit and MIB!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kil Song Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 3:15am
Kil Song View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I know Synit rods, but I don't know MIB.
If I am looking for a distributor in NZ, the company should know about our Black Hole USA and believer of our rods. I don't want to deal with a company which just buy and sell.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 9:05am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

With Yeehaa supplying Carpenter , Mc Works ,Valley Hill and Rod and Reel , Ripplefisher it would be interesting to know Kil Song what you think makes your rods unique performance wise ?
These shops and De Coro in Tauranga or perhaps Gofish I would have thought would be best match for your line up .
Most of us who also follow 360tuna and the Gt popping forum would be aware of your rods .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kil Song Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 9:21am
Kil Song View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

As you know I am a dealer of Carpenter, Ripplefisher/Yamaga, FCL LABO, Hots and JM in the US.  My experience with Black Hole USA is exceptional strength and soft  action due to Nano. 
But all rod makers using Nano are not successful. 
I've yet to find stronger rods than Black Hole USA rods. 
Thanks for your advice to recommend shops in NZ. 
But it will take time until they use Black Hole USA rods and appreciate them as I do.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 9:30am
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm sure it'd be a slow business breaking into what is probably a very small market . Thank you for reply re strength / softness .
It is always good to see more choice .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 12:26pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You got to factor in the market down here Kil Song your opinion is of no value to most anglers here. The number of anglers here in NZ is a huge % of our population yet only a handful are prepared to go and pay money for quality gear. I suppose a guy like yourself will be looking for 10's of thousands of dollars every year to be spent on your rods yet the retailer here may struggle to get it out the doors to willing customers.

I think a lot of the rod makers in Asia need to get a realistic view of how fishing is done in NZ. I could name a few brands that have not taken off in NZ and a couple that are maybe seeing slow down in sales. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kil Song Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 1:31pm
Kil Song View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the advices. I think I enjoy more to develop rods than to sell rods.
If I want to make miney,I don't have to retire. I love fishing, especially jigging and popping.
I am just happy to test prototype rods to develop new rods. I am driving down to North Calorina to test Black Hole Slow Pitch rods for grouper.
I believe good rods sell themselves though it takes time and I don't have any control over it except showing pictures of catch with certain rods.
It is the same where ever you go. There are very small market for quality jigging and popping.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 3:32pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah its just I personally know of tackle retailers being asked for unrealistic sums of money to push gear like Black Hole and it leads nowhere a lot of the times.
Page  <12