TENCH ON LURES

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TENCH ON LURES
    Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 4:55pm
taurangatroutmaster View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

OK so whos caught a tench on a lure?  got a around a 2kg tench on the same 7 inch rapala slashbait that got the big rudd. didnt think they took lures either. also had another big swirl behind the lure that im pretty sure was a tench aswell.  also got a couple of catfish on the same lure to
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2016 at 2:50pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Holy sh*t! Hooked square in the mouth? And the rudd? I've heard of fly fishing for rudd but taking a rapala is out there. Fish do all sorts in different environments. Rod and line for Flounder is huge business elsewhere in the world but got to spear the suckers here. I once got a barbel on a spinner in France. That was a really odd one. Never had google back then but it looks like I'm not the only one after a quick google. Hooked fair and square in the mouth it was. Nothing about tench on lures that I can find.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016 at 9:26am
Platinum
Platinum

yip, tench, rudd and catfish all hooked square in the mouth.  the lure was a 7cm ( sorry not inch) rapala slashbait in brown trout colour
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 5:56am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Sounds like springtime spawning aggression to me. We normally can't even catch them on flies (despite plenty of shots and presenting the fly fair in front of their face). Not sure I'll be hunting for them with a rapala any time soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taurangatroutmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 4:42pm
Platinum
Platinum

yeah could be spawning aggression.  thought the rudd was unusual but i have caught them on flies before but the tench really strange.  i definatly wouldnt target either with rapalas, was targeting perch. as for the flounder ive got 2 on flies but have spent a fair amount of time trying