Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New posts
    Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:13pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm currently having an issue going direct to the "new posts" on topics 2 different machines and it goes to the posts from days ago. Once it starts doing it on a thread then it keeps doing it to that page no matter how many more posts are made. If there isn't too many total posts it does take me directly to the unread ones but threads like fishing humour and catch of the day are "stuck" on previous page or several pages back (Catch of the day takes me to page 71 all the timeEmbarrassed). Using Chrome. Anyone else this issue? Any fix I'd hate to have to stop going to catch of the day for my fix.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:29pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have the same probs as well Deirdre, Also using Chrome, cleared cache, deleted temporary internet files, browsing history, wiped my nose, cleaned my bum...Embarrassed

Only have this problem of late, never had this issue using chrome before, used to some time ago but that was when using IE.Ouch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ginge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:48pm
Ginge View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Hi Both

We're testing an upgrade (I'm working in it now) that should help better manage the sessions across machines and days. Will keep you posted. 
The Fishing Website - Fishing.net.nz

Fishing knowledge on-line...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:33am
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:24pm
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Funny mate - I asked about this same issue some time ago.

http://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/new-posts-in-threads_topic117450.html

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:26pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

I'm currently having an issue going direct to the "new posts" on topics 2 different machines and it goes to the posts from days ago. Once it starts doing it on a thread then it keeps doing it to that page no matter how many more posts are made. If there isn't too many total posts it does take me directly to the unread ones but threads like fishing humour and catch of the day are "stuck" on previous page or several pages back (Catch of the day takes me to page 71 all the timeEmbarrassed). Using Chrome. Anyone else this issue? Any fix I'd hate to have to stop going to catch of the day for my fix.

Yep, having the same problem. Some topics will go to the New Posts but other topics are "stuck" at an old post - Catch of the Day is one of them (not that I'm complaining too much on that topic ...)
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:27pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by krow krow wrote:

Yep, having exactly the same problem on Chrome
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:16am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Having problems that when I post a new post I get an SQL error and then the new post is not visible to me, I can only see it if someone replies to it...

Any help appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 7:17am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is the error I get;

Server Error in Forum Application
An error has occurred while writing to the database.
Please contact the Forum Administrator.

Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_save_new_post_data
File Name:- new_post.asp
Forum Version:- 11.03