Braid and Top Shot Update

Page  <1 567
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter Pakula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 11:45am
Peter Pakula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Loctite 480 and it's kicker are still the best for bonding nylon to braids. It has an etching component as it I think the only flexible superglue. Takes a while to dry around 25 minutes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 2:54pm
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Gee you guys are shockers :D 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote anarchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 1:02pm
anarchy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

any news where this is at with the igfa?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 3:10pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

I believe they'll be looking at changing that rule sometime in Feb and it seems highly likely it will go through. BFB will likely have the exact details.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote anarchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 4:59pm
anarchy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

all good cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:41pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The IGFA trustees meeting is this month I believe. There will not be any changes to the national rules even if it does get passed. Fingers and Toes crossed though.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:00am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bigfishbob Bigfishbob wrote:

The IGFA trustees meeting is this month I believe. There will not be any changes to the national rules even if it does get passed. Fingers and Toes crossed though.

BFB can you clarify this for me...... Are you saying that even if the IGFA change the rules ( allowing brais to be top shotted with an appropiate line class) that  the NZ national IGFA  body wont allow top shotted braid....?
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 5:56am
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

BFB can you clarify this for me...... Are you saying that even if the IGFA change the rules ( allowing brais to be top shotted with an appropiate line class) that  the NZ national IGFA  body wont allow top shotted braid....?

Titahi, once IGFA approves the changes to allow braid to be top shotted then it will come into force as of 1st June 2017 as passed at the last NZSFC AGM and even if the don't approve it then it will still come into being on the 1st June but will only be recognised by the NZSFC here only for New Zealand anglers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 7:16am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Oh well!
Sticking to straight braid on 3 rods as usual.Ermm
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:39am
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Titahi Titahi wrote:

Hi Titahi, the Nationals rules for next year have already been published and the current rule for Backing will apply for Braid tops shots for the 2017 nationals. It was always going to be that way. 

The new IGFA rules will apply for all other NZSFC catches and awards and trophies for the rest of the season, from the point the new rule is confirmed.

Only If the rule doesn't get ratified by the IGFA, will we have to wait until the start of our new season.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:52am
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for the responses, I understand and that makes sense :)
It's a great rule change for the sport...... I'm gonna be broke filling 30w's with 1000m of braid
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Page  <1 567