Suzuki DT 140 trolling 2 stroke?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Riccers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suzuki DT 140 trolling 2 stroke?
    Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 8:35pm
Riccers View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey fella's quite new to boating but someone told me my old 2 stroke might not like trolling. Is this correct? My motor is direct injection does that make a difference. No problem to buy a smaller motor if thats what I need to do just keen to catch some tuna this year! cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:02pm
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Direct fuel injection or electronic fuel injection? I didn't think Suzuki made a DI outboard 2 stroke.

The biggest problem I'm aware of with older two strokes running low revs is plugs fouling.

To combat this I use Higher quality oil like Sierra and have never had a issue.

My motor is a 90hp 2 stroke mercury carburettor did a lot of trolling last year without a problem.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:27pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The plugs are a typical issue as is the fuel consumption. Normally best to give the engine a quick burst every hour or so to clear the plugs. as above, don't know the Suzuki DI engines?