SMARTWAVE 4200 MODIFICATIONS

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote purple5ive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 3:40pm
purple5ive View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Meant to get back to you a while ago and I got side tracked mate, sorry!

Would I do anything different?

The only thing I would do is to make a livewell of some sort and put it in the front casting deck area somewhere, apart from that No, everything is working perfect for the boat, suits it as a Lure fishing Rig.

With the centre console, it houses the starter battery, and also the Trolling motor battery, both located side by side. I have a shelf on top of that which I use to store my spare jacket, sunnies, first aid kit, trolling motor remote, spare towel, hat and few other bits and bobs, the console has a hinged door, so everything in there is secure, and to a certain part water proof!! (water can get in from the top where the sounder wires exit the centre console, but it hardly happens bar when the boat sits in the rain overnight)

Ill see if I can dig up a pic soon.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Ozzy Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 7:35pm
Ozzy Dane View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks purple5ive. Your reply was actually well timed. I'm just about to place my order for a 4200. I'll no doubt catch up with you on the forums once it arrives and I start to mod it.
Cheers,
Dane
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Macca11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:13pm
Macca11 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys can any one offer me a ride on the 4200 as Silverdale is out of stock and Wana ctest as I'm looking at buying
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Macca11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:13pm
Macca11 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys can I have a ride on a smartwave as I'm looking at buying
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ozzy Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:52pm
Ozzy Dane View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Macca11
I'm in Australia and I'm pretty sure that purple5ive is too. I'm figuring that you're talking about the NZ version of Silverdale?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 6:12am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Macca11 Macca11 wrote:

Hi guys can any one offer me a ride on the 4200 as Silverdale is out of stock and Wana ctest as I'm looking at buying
assuming you are in Akld try Galloway/Mac Boats they make Smartwave now in East Tamaki and usually have a demo model or have in past http://smartwaveboats.co.nz/
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Haven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:20am
Haven View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys. Recently bought a 4200. Looking at installing my fish finder and not quite sure where to place the sensor? There seems to be limited spots i could place it. Where have you guys placed them? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ozzy Dane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 11:10am
Ozzy Dane View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Haven. It was pretty straightforward (depending on the mounting hardware that comes with your sounder, I suppose). I'll post some pics over the weekend. My main tip would be to use nylock nuts and loctite so that it doesn't rattle loose (rookie mistake, i know). From my research, the most critical thing about positioning seems to be whether you want the sounder to work on the plane or whether you'd prefer it to be protected when you're moving fast.
Dane.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2020 at 10:15pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No problem to drill into the plastic. If it concerns you that water will get into the foam (wouldn't be much) have a plastic welder to put a thick pad where you like. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 4:48am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Talk to MacBoats in East Tamaki Akld they make them now have found them helpful in the past - they may have one you can look at.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Page  <123