Ngongi Today

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ngongi Today
    Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 9:22pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Big day leaving Jaffa land 5.30am and on the river above the Bridge 9am.
Not everyones cup of tea this stream , overgrown in many places, snags, logs , clear water but the challenge is great.
Brendan from work didnt find it all that challenging with probably 12 landed and much more than that lost. I had a mare early on but struck form after lunch and ended up with 5 landed and many more lost.
Mostly small or slabby rainbows but Brendan topped the day off nicely with a nice pretty 7.5lb Brown.
Standard bombs and glo bugs worked for us with only 1-2 fish falling for naturals - fish were in pods/ or small schools usually in dark hard to get to holes.

Brendan Hooked up again - 

Im finally on the board

Brendans nice Brownie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RC17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 10:59am
RC17 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey mate,

where abouts on the river is that top pic? I usually fish off paradise valley road and don't recall that pool, is it further down?

i have a love hate relationship with that stream, love the challenge, hate the fact I never seem to spot many of these big browns and tend to walk away with small rainbows haha...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 1:29pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha - lost count of the number of big big browns there.
That pool is about halfway between first access point paradise valley rd and the lodge?
One of many that had a slightly hidden deeper run with lots of rainbows on the bottom