Newbie advice regarding sounder

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -prozac- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:54am
-prozac- View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Heard of a few cases of the pre rigged ones where the wire has pulled out of the crimp, hook and fish gone, again on light drags, has me worried so I got crimpers into mine and squeezed them down really hard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ELEVAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 12:04pm
ELEVAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Out of the 34 fish we caught in 4 days on these hooks none broke. and we were absolutely thrashing them basically fishing from a dead boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 12:21pm
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Still seems to be a bit of inconsistency with the hooks.... maybe last years models?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 12:22pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Same set up as us then. Yes, we make it messier to get better detail if that makes sense. Normally surface clarity set to low, noise rejection low and running in manual or auto at 0 IIRC...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 1:45pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Retailers must love them though,
no money in selling hooks that last for a few seasons like the old days.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chewbucca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 2:53pm
Chewbucca View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

[QUOTE=ANGLER MANAGMENT] Out of the 34 fish we caught in 4 days on these hooks none broke. and we were absolutely thrashing them basically fishing from a dead boat[/QUOTE

Mint mate. Just out of interest. ...how much drag did u get away with putting over the light gauge hooks? Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ELEVAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 4:39pm
ELEVAR View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Heaps, I'd rather not say tbh because I'd hate for people on here to try it then lose a fish because I said you can run #kg of drag, stick to the recommended 5kg of smooth drag and you'll be surprised how the fish acts with 5 kg, I did break 300lb leader before the hooks pulled, but in saying that I was getting way too keen
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chewbucca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 8:25pm
Chewbucca View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by ANGLER MANAGMENT ANGLER MANAGMENT wrote:

Heaps, I'd rather not say tbh because I'd hate for people on here to try it then lose a fish because I said you can run #kg of drag, stick to the recommended 5kg of smooth drag and you'll be surprised how the fish acts with 5 kg, I did break 300lb leader before the hooks pulled, but in saying that I was getting way too keen

All goods,cheers for that mate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 9:20pm
Marknado4000 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

If a hook breaks in the ocean and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound..

Anyway, interested to hear more about the sounder, thanks!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carlostairua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 3:30am
carlostairua View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Looks like you were in the right place ;-)
Page  <12