Ruined Fishing Spot.

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 5:24am
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't mind people knowing where I fish, I can fish beside other people and they'll catch all day long and i'll get nothing even though we're doing the exact same thing, next time it's the other way round.

the only thing that gets me is pricks fishing so close I can't cast or ****ers motoring or paddling through my lines or berly trail.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 8:00am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bazza...dont get me wrong,Im not out there fishing to hook people man...and 3-400 meters is plenty of room for many people to enjoy the beach.I dont take up 100mtrs of it either,my gear very rarely strays much either side of where I set.Its just annoying when you are there first,have all your gear out,and swimmers can see that but they insist on swimming right where my retrieval point is,knowing full well that there is gear about to come in,then when I let them know Im hauling in I get told " well if you hook one of my kids yadda yadda" who the silly one there? If I get to the beach and swimmers are there,I ALWAYS wait till they are done,cause thats the done thing. And of the arguements on common logic ive had with people,they are welcome to try and teach me a lesson,if it looks like violence is about to happen,ill just let em know theres no reception to call an ambulance where I fish. Ive had horse riders threaten to hit me because they dont like having to ride their dog-rolls around me,even if there are no hooks on the beach,ive also had them try and tell me the rules as to how close i need to be to the tide line.....they are the ones that think they have a right to hog the whole beach with their buggys and horses.White baiters that are doing 100kph down the beach not looking out for peoples lines cause they have the "fever" and tunnel vision. One mate was skittled and lost all his gear then they guy tried to drive straight over my gear doing 70kph Im the least of anyones worries when fishing.
Uncle,I think the above is pretty much a reply to your post also,Im not out to catch people,thanks for the concern though...i appreciate it.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 8:32am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow fish feeder you have seen it all - are you fishing from an Akld beach? - you must beEvil Smile

I like Snappa Geoffs idea of cones but what can you do?  Dive flags would be easy to get and mean something to most boaties anyway?  Those bods blatting along at 100kph is a real worry.

Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 9:05am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mac,yeah I fish karioitahi mostly,and the amount of stupidness Ive seen would amaze you. Ive got a video of a guy on a GSXR1100 with trail tyres doing at least 160kph down the beach,he done at least three passes the entire length of the beach.I have also had horses purposely ride in front of me when driving slow in soft sand,to deliberately make me stop (cause I try not to spook the horses) and cause me to almost get stuck,then they ride away all smug. Also,at hamiltons gap,there is a massive sand hill with signs that say dont climb because of the chance it will slip....ive seen kids climbing on top of a recent slip,and have told the parents,to which the reply is "nah they will be ok". There was a huge slip there last year that stretched maybe 500mtrs out into the surf,and ive seen muppets fishing from on top of it. Gotta love auckland beaches eh.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Page  <12