Taupo - Tongariro, Waitahanui & Lake Ohakuri

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 9:30pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It is hard boys - a member of the nz flyfishing team said he and a few other members fished Tongariro recently for one fish between the lot of them! In 3-4 hours fishing in more than one pool too.
You can just get slow fishing there at times.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 10:29pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The fish have to move sooner or later, one thing for sure, they can't stay in the lake! Smile
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 9:40pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Just back from a 10 day stint on the Tongariro Fantastic fishing nearly every day with lots of fresh fish landed. River came up on Thursday but was fishable again on Friday. Saturday we had a very successful TRC clinic with a full compliment of 20 participants, including 2 Aussies. This raised $1750 for the Trout Centre future development. Lots of happy people trying to broaden their fly fishing skills. Good to see that this fly cast is gaining more and more international traction. My young friend Kyle Adams, who is also a very good overhead caster demonstrated the TRC cast at the Turangi Fly Fest and undoubtedly made many new converts. I shall be back on the river in Sept to catch up with friends and the big winter runs.
For me fishing the Tongariro is 50% social and 50% fishing. That is what makes that place so enjoyable.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:46am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've heard the trout are in excellent condition this year, nice....
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 7:56am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was there too Rainbow - fished thur to saturday - boobie fished in boat tokaanu hole and delta -was slow but caught a few there. Trolling was good. However the rivers were insane - fantastic fishing for sure.
Page  <12