Snaps & Carrots on another windy Saturday....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snaps & Carrots on another windy Saturday....
    Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 10:14pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

With another wet and windy Saturday on the cardsAngry Pea and I decided to do something a little different - Pea not wanting to take any fish home and me not needing a lot we decided to just fish the inner BayConfused.

We made a rule that we had to still be able to see the car from where we fishedLOL, most times Pea and I will find fish or bring fish home but to be honest it doesn't really bother us if we were to come back in with nothing in the ...bin... from the years of fishing together off the bays our fishing now is more about enjoyment not how many fish we can catch or big fish, we have done all that already so sometimes to make it fun ocassionally we will head out just to be on the water getting a line wet to see what we can find - most of my friends have heard my saying " It's great being out on the water with a mate getting a line wet and putting a fish in the bin is just a bonusBig smile"

We headed out from Waiake and of course we were dropping the pick with in secondsConfused - I would say by the days end I would be surprised if we even used a ltr of fuelThumbs Up, there is a couple of weed beds just on the out side of the bay and today these would be our targets. We had a couple of burls to drop as well as we were only in about 5-7mtrs we would anchor up current and feed the burly back in to these to draw any fish out, through out the morning the showers came throughCry but fish also came aboardBig smile. It wasn't like old times where we use to get double fig fish from these areas but there were fish still here, nothing big but we had a constant flow of Snaps coming aboard throughout the morning...

With a few reds in the bin we decided to move onto the mud to see if we could pick up a few Carrots - still seeing the car from the ramp our second spot not only gave us a few Carrots but there was some nice Snaps to about 45 - 50cmThumbs Up, we already had enough in the bin and with three carrots added the bin was closed for the rest of the day. We caught a few more good fish then called it a day - being so close to the ramp we were back in no time and summing up the day I would say over all it wasn't a bad day - Weather wise could have been better but once again a great day on the water with a mate and a few fish in the bin is a bonus and even better it cost us more for the bag of bait we both brought...

Tight lines

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 10:37pm
phily View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice one. Good to see you dong it in conditions less than favourable.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 2:56am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks for the report,good to see you getting out Thumbs Up.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.